IP setup vs P2P

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GaryPSU

IP setup vs P2P

Postby GaryPSU » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:04 am

I have 3 Amcrest cameras. Two are set as IP/Domain. The third, an IP2M-841 will not accept an IP setup, only P2P. In addition, I can not access the camera to change settings, but the viewer works fine both locally and via my dns. I'm baffled.

eclipse

Re: IP setup vs P2P

Postby eclipse » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:18 am

I am having the same issue with IP my second IP2M-841. The camera refuses to open the designated ports, so I'm limited to P2P, which is not acceptable.

eclipse

Postby eclipse » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:59 am

Wonder of wonders -- as a last resort before returning the camera, I decided to upgrade the firmware even though the latest available version is what was on the camera when I received it. But that did the trick. Apparently there was an issue with the factory loaded firmware.

selmaquuen

Postby selmaquuen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:34 pm

GaryPSU wrote:I have 3 Amcrest cameras. Two are set as IP/Domain. The third, an IP2M-841 will not accept an IP setup, only P2P. In addition, I can not access the camera to change settings, but the viewer works fine both locally and via my dns. I'm baffled.

Before P2P IP camera came along, cameras used to be a nightmare to setup. Setup the camera, then login to the router and setup a DDNS and open ports to allow access. P2P stands for “Peer to Peer”. ... P2P networks are highly scalable. HostGator DreamHost Bluehost
What's Special about P2P IP Cameras. Before P2P IP network cameras come along, remote viewing setup on surveillance cameras used to be a headache, which involves configurations on the camera, requiring DDNS server, port forwarding or port mapping on the router, tweaking with network firewall, etc.Nov .

Return to “NVRs / DVRs”