IP Camera connected to POE NVR port no internet

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mdrobco

IP Camera connected to POE NVR port no internet

Post by mdrobco »

I have ip camera IP8M-2496E-V2 connected directly to NVR POE port (model # NV5232E). Some of cameras I have connected via poe switch. I have enabled virtual host on NVR so I could connect to cameras via NVR ip address. When I setup email notification on cameras directly connected to NVR it fails to send emails, but it works fine from NVR directly or IP cameras connected via switch to main network. Not sure what is issue (NVR doesn't support NAT, firewall, ... ?). Is there some settings I can chance to allow cameras that are directly connected to NVR POE access to internet? Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP Camera connected to POE NVR port no internet

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

When you have a NVR you have 1 spot for setting up Email, That email you can then have your channel trigger different case using. So say you have your camera setup with Motion, then you can tell that channel to Email on motion, Same with having IVS of the 2496E-V2 on the Recorder under IVS would click the Email.. Outside of that there is no access to the Cameras from behind the NVR without being accessed via the NVR as a safety thing. So I am not sure if the 5232 has the IVS with IVS access or if it just shows the IVS but not access. Either way your NVR has some Channels that are setup for POE and some that are not and if it is a feature of the camera that your NVR don't support then I would setup that camera on your local network part of the NVR rather then on the POE Port of the NVR...

POE ports are a safety thing. Like my 4216E-AI NVR is Pure 16ch POE port and for best security one connecting to the POE ports and only have 1 IP on the normal network makes for less likely that someone could hack a camera that is on my NVR's POE port..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mdrobco

Post by mdrobco »

Thank you for reply and that all makes sense. Problem I have is that cameras do not have access to internet and completely understand that there is no access to Cameras from behind the NVR without being accessed via the NVR. NVR 5232 do not have IVS support and it is only accessible via camera directly. I can set it up on cameras that are connected to NVR POE ports as I can access camera web interface via NVR IP address, problem is that camera can't reach beyond NVR. So my problem is not in reaching cameras connected to POE since I can them via NVR IP, my issue is that camera that is connected to POE can't connect beyond NVR IP network. What I am trying to accomplish is to have motion recording only on certain cameras (this is setup via NVR) and then use IVS (unfortunately only available on camera and not NVR 5232) to send email. And it works for cameras connected to network. It doesn't for cameras connected to NVR POE ports because they are not able to connect to smtp email server or seems like anything other than NVR. So I can connect to NVR POE cameras via IP NVR, NVR POE cameras can't connect outside of NVR POE switch network. Or is there a way for cameras connected to NVR POE being able to reach to internet (google, outlook or other smtp service) to send IVS warnings? Thank you for your response.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I don't own the 5232 so I can't say. What I can say is that others with 5216-8P with the new 4.0 FW installed from Amcrest does work with IVS rules on AI cameras. So my thought is then that maybe your still working on 3.2 FW or maybe it was 3.5 either way that might not support the IVS like the 4.0 does.

However be it known that once you go to 4.0 if not on it now, there is no going back because there is no gong back from JS FW..

So my understanding was that the 5216-16P was only one with IVS however after others have stated they have 5216-8P and there was no IVS on the NVR until they enabled it on a IVS camera then the NVR showed IVS like my 4216E-AI does with all features of AI offered from the camera.. I don't know as I don't have that NVR.. What there is however, I do this for one of my AI DVR's to one of my AI NVR's seeing my analog camera was already installed in location before installing a NVR at my house. I do use a Channel and many channels in truth as IVS from my AI and non AI Recorders to my AI recorders.

So like this. In the last Lightning storm I lost 2 POE Switches one Plus and one normal. So I have installed my 2018E-HS in the place where I had one of my Switches, That switch was powering 850EB, 846EB and 3 AI cameras. So now I have the 2108E powering them and use the AI NVR's to access the cameras data that is pulled though the NVR. Then I use 2108 for full time recording of Sub-Channel of my Mic cameras and the rest is all left to the AI NVR's for recording, FTP, Email, and alarms. So if you are using 4.0 FW or don't want to use 4.0 fW maybe looking into buying a 4108-A2 might be the best bet for accessing the IVS..
Be Safe
mdrobco

Post by mdrobco »

Please preview version that I have, I believe it is latest version (2020/12/10). I do not see IVS rules in web interface... Please see attached system information. Thank you for response.
Attachments
nvr_info.PNG
nvr_info.PNG (11.88 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you for that. So it would seem that all the 52xx isn't running on the same type hardware. Or it might have been that the user that has the 5216E-8p might have some different hardware as I thought it might have been at the time as I found it odd that a 5216E-16P was being used for Thermal AI at 1400 for the NVR and some very spendy Thermal Camera system that takes the cost of the device to almost 20k at one time. I mean it was/is a lot of stuff really. But the NVR by it self was 1400 alone..
https://amcrest.com/thermal-camera-body ... -solution/

So When I heard someone had a 5216E-8P I thought it was wrong that it worked IVS as at the time my understanding was 5216E-16P was a Super NVR special and the real AI next in line was my 4216E-AI that is also a 16P NVR. However the difference was after some Chatting is his 5216E-8P was plain normal NVR until they turned on a IVS AI camera and then the NVR turned on some Special IVS things even with Face Detection and Recognition like mine however my 4216E-AI has 4 built in Channels of IVS where it will work with normal Amcrest cameras.

So here is something you might want to look at..

Please note I don't have your NVR and have to go off some data that I have be it from Current NVR's or some other older Dahua NVR's either way it is something to look at..

Doubt you want to Reset your NVR. Personally that would be the Fastest way to know for sure. However there is a few things to note.. 1, My 4216E-AI don't offer the SMD like the person that had the 5216E-8P did. However I can make my 4216E-AI not work in AI mode by changing some configurations and might be what has happened in your NVR..

So I am trying to find the area in question and personally having a hard time, It isn't always that I stumble across it however when I do I try to enable it sometimes as I forget and it is then that it says doing so will turn AI off. Right now my 4216E-AI NVR is Remote to me so I can't access the NVR's GUI at the moment and WebUI don't have everything that the NVR local GUI offers. My other AI NVR I can't seem to find that area in that NVR either, again it isn't something I normally see. I will be doing something and stumble across it and try to turn it on thinking it will help speed things up or make things look better and after I click it I get the message and don't apply because I use AI features..

So here is the post about the 5216E-8P. https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-view- ... 15550.html

Maybe there is some info they can find as it might be you have something checked in your NVR that is keeping that IVS feature locked away and I will keep trying to find the area and if I do I will post an update..

I have 4 AI Recorder and one from a Hikvision OEM that I don't use right now only have as back up if I need it. So has to be something on one of the ones I am using that I will find before to long. Always seems I can't find things when I want to until I don't need too. I know my AI DVR has some Encoding changes that are not offered on my AI NVR's like AI Codec and Smart Codec, So might want to look at your Encoding page. What I remember is there is something with a Single Box that has to do with Image Quality or Encoding Enhancement and if I click that box is when I get a warning it will Degrade and turn off AI mode..
Be Safe