invalid user/password

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
locodriver97

invalid user/password

Post by locodriver97 »

Having a hell of a time getting configured > (Have 4108 NVR, 2 4M 1026 IP cameras)
both cameras work on android phone > can only get 1 to work on NVR, Surviellence Pro, Web UI, etc > says 'invalid user/password' camera status offline . guess I should have left password 'admin' till I got everything working...should I do a factory reset and start over?
Thanks for any advice,
Bob
longedge
Site Admin

Re: invalid user/password

Post by longedge »

Hello and first of all, welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I can't help in depth but perhaps I can make it easier to troubleshoot your problem by asking:-
1) What method did you use to access your camera when you changed the password?
2) Did you set it up in a different location to the one where it is now installed perhaps?
3) If you access your router web page, does the camera show up as being connected to your network?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
locodriver97

Post by locodriver97 »

1: wifi camera in amcrest view pro on my android >
2: yes, but only a few feet > they're on my porch until I get them working properly
before I get up on a ladder to install them
3: the camera in question shows up in device search in web ui, surviellence pro, and my nvr but remains off line due to invalid user/password

another question: if I go the reset route which is more dominant > the web ui, the nvr, or surviellence pro? all seem to show a place to reset the system, but then there is the reset on the camera itself
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Just going back to your original post, when you said, "both cameras work on android phone", does that mean that you can log in and view the camera on your phone? If so then if you go to device manager and select the camera, then you can view the password that you have set by clicking on the eye icon next to "password".

p.s. When setting up with View Pro I take it you selected Add Camera/POE Camera/P2P connection ?
locodriver97

Post by locodriver97 »

Just going back to your original post, when you said, "both cameras work on android phone", does that mean that you can log in and view the camera on your phone?

(Yes, both work under live view)

If so then if you go to device manager and select the camera, then you can view the password that you have set by clicking on the eye icon next to "password".

(password appears to be what I changed it to > and I use same password to login in to NVR, surviellence pro > but problem is > in NVR, Web UI, surviellence pro, both cameras are recognized but one is offline due to invalid user/password > when I modify the password, doesn't matter what I change it to > one remains offline due to invalid user/password > the camera that is working ( shows image, etc) on all the above platforms has the password I changed it to)

p.s. When setting up with View Pro I take it you selected Add Camera/POE Camera/P2P connection ?

( No, Add Camera/WiFi/IP connection > POE cable was connected on initial setup but then removed as my cameras and NVR are wifi ( 4108 HS) not running any POE cables just hot plug in)
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Can you clarify "hot plug in" I take it that's a wi-fi device of some sort to connect your NVR to your LAN?

When you run ASP, do you see the Username/Password dialogue? Have you tried entering the username and password in there by overtyping what appears?

Have you tried using the IPConfig tool - https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... l-Download
locodriver97

Post by locodriver97 »

1. hot plug in = camera has 2 cables POE and plug into socket for power - WiFi set up says POE is required for initial set up but POE cable can be removed and use only power cable once camera is recognized

2. I usually use the keyboard to delete the dots/password and re-type in password
(admin - ..... usually appears by default)

yes, I use the amcrest IP config tool to find my IP addresses
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

How have you connected your NVR to your router? You say, "cameras and NVR are wifi" I don't think that is the case but stand to be corrected.

I'm sure someone else will chime in soon.
locodriver97

Post by locodriver97 »

lol! longedge > it is I who stands corrected, duh! > cat 5 cable is connected from NVR to router - they're very explicit that the NVR must be hard wired to the router for it to work
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

:) OK so your router is connected to your LAN, but you still have the same problem is that correct? If so I'm not quite sure what to suggest next. My gut feeling would be to log in to the NVR directly with it connected to a monitor and try to sort it out from there.

p.s. Just bye the bye and not wishing to complicate matters but it's not absolutely necessary for the router and NVR to be connected. If the cameras are connected directly to the ports on the NVR by ethernet then it can be operated 'stand-alone' i.e. the only way to view the cameras or recordings would be on a monitor or TV connected directly to the NVR but I'm sure that would not suit your purposes.