invalid user name on 1 camera

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
U2nyr

invalid user name on 1 camera

Post by U2nyr »

Hi,

I have an NVR with 8 cameras. I just setup and plugged in all the cameras, but one says "invalid user name or password". How do i correct that?
Attachments
20220617_171404.jpg
20220617_171404.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 817 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: invalid user name on 1 camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure what cameras your connecting. However if they are Amcrest cameras then it would seem that camera has a different password then what the NVR is expecting...

When you first connect a Amcrest Camera to a Amcrest NVR the NVR looks at giving it admin admin for user and password..

So I am not sure where that camera is located however if it isn't to high up and or easy enough to reach I would gain access to the camera and perform a Reset of the camera..

However if you know the camera (used it in the past) then I would go to main menu in the NVR, Then Camera, Then go to D6 it will show a Red Dot, Click on the Pencil, Change the password there in the settings to reflect the right password for the camera..

Outside of knowing the password already the best thing to do is a Factory Reset unless you already know the password then change as stated above...

Once all your cameras are connected I would make a change to the NVR admin account and change password of the NVR. Even to the current password even as long as it isn't the default.. Once you make that change to the NVR password it will as to Sync to the camera Click Yes/Ok if you click cancel it will change password for the NVR and not the cameras. You don't want to leave your Cameras setup as admin admin in your NVR..

One reason not to leave admin admin is once you make a connection to that camera using Virtual Host of the NVR it will require you to make the change of the password So it is just best to do it all in 1 go by doing the change password of the NVR to make it easy and don't have to remember what one is what password..
Be Safe.