Invalid camera video standard

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bakerja99

Invalid camera video standard

Post by bakerja99 »

Just upgraded from a Night Owl (piece of garbage) DVR to a new Amcrest dvr Model: amdv5m8 and 4 of my cameras are not recognized. They are night owl THD series CM-PTHD80W-BU. The night owl specs say it is TVI standard which I thought should be compatible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. I hate night owl but I have 4 4K cameras from that system.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Invalid camera video standard

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So your 5m8 is a 5mp 8ch DVR. that is able to run Standard TVI. However last I knew the Night Owl isn't a standard and I know that looking at my old Night Owl Camera there was a Warning on my system that says it would only work with Night Owl Chipped Recorder. I have since offed my Night Owl as I wasn't to happy with the issues of bad recorder and cameras that no longer worked..

so when you connect does it at all come up with any info like it tries to Detect that it is TVI. It might be that the Cameras are over 5mp?

So I don't know if your system is like mine. where I have TVI cameras with OSD and I can change the MP of the cameras. However if it is and you still have your old Recorder I would turn all the cameras down to 2mp and connect and see if it works then..

Only 2 things I could think it could be TVI Recorder Specific camera or Encoding is to high..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
bakerja99

Re: Invalid camera video standard

Post by bakerja99 »

Thanks revo. Great suggestion to turn down the cameras. I will try that today. message simply says "invalid camera video standard"