How to increase NVR recording in HDD?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mrt2020

How to increase NVR recording in HDD?

Post by mrt2020 »

My nvr only stores 7 days of video with motion detections on 2TB HDD. I have for cameras. Is there a way to increase without buying a larger HDD or decrease quality?

NVR model: NV4108-HS

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20201225_001905_copy_1329x1140.jpg
IMG_20201225_001905_copy_1329x1140.jpg (432.28 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How to increase NVR recording in HDD?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

While I can't say for sure this is the issue, I would look at your NVR's Setup under Storage, Schedule, snapshot, and look to see if the setup was made with full time snapshot. It would be Blue and Yellow. or Green and yellow, sorry I am not sure what the HS has for full time colors.. However this really only matters if your nvr is setup to record snapshots or not.. I know as soon as I removed the Full time Recording of snapshots on mine I was able to get a good number more days..

Another thing on one of my systems I have my Cameras setup to record Motion only events on all Channels besides 2 of the 8 and that is because I want the audio on those channels so I have them setup for full time record this way if someone happens to be in range of the Mic but not in the ROI I can still hear what happen from a different camera area that has been tripped by motion but no audio and also if there is no motion over time it would not be recording.. Anyway I know how it is setup and what can happen and is why it is the way I have set it up. Also have those Mic cameras setup for Event MIC and recrod for a camera that is on a different channel but again just in case the Noise that was heard might have been outside of the other cameras View point for motion...

Other then that,, One thing that could help is H2.65 cameras and setup in that format.. Then also the rest you already know. Larger HDD, lower FPS, and bitrate... Also another thing depending on where the cameras are placed and what is being recorded you could record in full time Sub, and Motion HD is another option..
Be Safe.
mrt2020

Post by mrt2020 »

Thanks for the tips. Just removed full time snapshot for all cameras. Audio is off because I read Illinois is a two party consent, so it's illegal to record conversation without consent.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

LOL interesting.. Wonder what the 90 Police department think about selling a Camera that has audio lol seeing there is a company I don't like the actions of the company but promotes their products through the police.. That would make everyone of the Doorbell cameras in ILL Illegal lol..

About consent.. Maybe talk with a Lawyer and see if a Sign posted at property and front door can give you the rights because while my main home is in a 1 person (Myself) I have a cabin in another state that requires however I have posted on Gates, 2 front windows and my front door that I Audio an Video Record 24/7 by entering they give consent. However if they are going to be a guest of my home they will sign a consent, and I will provide all Audio Recorded locations
Be Safe.