How do I get audio?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How do I get audio?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thought I would mention while you're working on getting a camera with built in Mic. Lets say you keep your DVR or even get one of the others. Looking on all of them on Ch1 there are 2 options for Audio all other channels there is only 1 option. So if you lets say had 8 cameras that you replaced 7 of them with cameras with Mics, You could add them on the Channels 2-8 and then you could buy a Mic and use the Audio in on the DVR for Ch1. So keep in mind also if you are buying as I would of you are looking to keep your DVR. I would start out with buying only 1 camera for testing to make sure it would work for your DVR.. At the same time I would buy a Mic as well that you could connect to your RCA of the DVR for Ch1. It as i said only works on CH1 the rest have to be CVI aka UTC either with built in Mic in a Camera or like mine with Audio in and out wires on the cameras Wire Bundle. Only down side to having one on the Bundle there has to be power to the MIC and RCA ran from MIC to camera. Most times cameras are placed say 20 to 30 feet above ground and moving the mic to a location closer to the ground is a benefit for some cameras. I mean some of mine with built in Mic's I can pick up audio that is loud enough from over 100 feet away and others have trouble hearing anything 10 feet away lol..
Be Safe.