How do I dewarp my fisheye output?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rmorgan456

How do I dewarp my fisheye output?

Post by rmorgan456 »

Hello all . . . Pretty new to the surveillance game, so looking for some recommendations.

I have a 5MP Fisheye camera (https://amcrest.com/ultrahd-5-megapixel ... 180ew.html). Currently using Amcrest Cloud. I was planning to replace with AmCrest NVR (since I have several cameras and costs are adding up). However, I learned today that the Amcrest NVR does not support de-warping of the fisheye output.

So . . . what are my options?
1) Is there third-party method to de-warp while using the NVR. Maybe offload the recording and then de-warp, although this would seem to defeat the purpose of the NVR.
2) Blue Iris. I believe this will work, but I am trying to keep things simple. (I am tech savvy enough with a PC/Network, but would prefer an all-in-one solution and I don't need everything that BI has to offer.
3) A completely different NVR.

I suppose I could always just dispense with the fisheye camera and consider it a loss, but haven't given up yet
(Hoping Amcrest will not give up, either, on adding this functionality.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How do I dewarp my fisheye output?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

First Who says there is no NVR that has Fish eye dewarping

I can't remember right now about my other ones but I know for sure my 4216E-AI NVR has Fisheye tab in WebUI in IE.... I changed my Passwords to all my older NVR's and can't remember what they are and my son has my Tablet where they are stored so as soon as he gets home I will look on there as I can't remember if the 2116-HS has the option or not... But know for sure the 4216e-AI has the option..
Be Safe.
rmorgan456

Post by rmorgan456 »

Hi, Revo . . . Amcrest support told me that the Amcrest NVR did not provide de-warping and they had no information on how to do it. That would be great if can confirm. The 2116-HS is closer to my budget (or perhaps the NV4180E-HS).

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My 2116-HS also has the Fisheye Dewarp within the IE setup of the WebUI... SO I want to be clear... I can't test this feature seeing I don't have a Fisheye camera that works within my Amcrest Network...

This 2116-HS is on the 4.0GUI and only has the Fish eye on IE it does not show on the Chrome or Edge aka HTML5 format of the NVR's ...

Also looking into my 7108-AI DVR it also has Dewarp within the IE and not in Chrome..

Also just wanted to say that all the deices that has it in IE for live view also show a Fisheye icon for Playback as well..
Be Safe.
rmorgan456

Post by rmorgan456 »

Thanks so much . . .

It did seem curious that Amcrest would have a fisheye camera, but no tool to de-warp it. Even more curious that support doesn't know about it. :-)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I know that some of the Support staff is newer and maybe they don't have the total info yet and it could be that some people are only using Chrome and to them it wouldn't have support for Dewarp on there and that could be why.. Also there is the option in the app but that don't do much outside the normal live view however it might be on playback as well again I don't know as I don't have one that works within the Amcrest system..
Be Safe.
rmorgan456

Post by rmorgan456 »

I'm happy to tell you that I installed the 4018E-HS this weekend and was able to dewarp images both live and on playback for the camera. Can't say robust it is yet, but this was the first time I saw normal imaging with this camera.

As you pointed out, it's only there for IE (which is a bit kloodgy for me because I am on a Mac, but that can resolved). Thanks again! I would have never found the tab (it's so small) on the IE screen without your guidance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear it is working for you. Anything else always someone willing to try and help
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

rmorgan456 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:33 am I'm happy to tell you that I installed the 4018E-HS this weekend and was able to dewarp images both live and on playback for the camera. Can't say robust it is yet, but this was the first time I saw normal imaging with this camera.

As you pointed out, it's only there for IE (which is a bit kloodgy for me because I am on a Mac, but that can resolved). Thanks again! I would have never found the tab (it's so small) on the IE screen without your guidance.
The MAC version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) should support live view and playback of dewarped fisheye cameras.  IE and plug-in are not required for it.  Here's where to download it:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro
The ASP User manual that describes it should come with the download.
This webpage further describes dewarping playback of NVR files:
https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS/Fisheye_ ... _SmartPSS2
SmartPSS is about the same as ASP.
nvrdude

Post by nvrdude »

I have the Amcrest 16-Channel NV5216 with a random ass Dahua IPC-EB5400 360 camera. It definitely supports de-warping live and recorded playback both on the device directly and from windows 10. It can only do one 360 Camera at a time and it doesn't "remember" the display configuration which can be annoying after reboot but other than that its great. Camera Registration was a few clicks, it was auto-detected and zero-configuration to add it.

Amcrest 16-Channel NV5216
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XS ... UTF8&psc=1

Dahua IPC-EB5400
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283581 ... _edm_other