How Can I Access Cams on an NV4108E-a2 POE NVR Individually Via a Browser

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timsa

How Can I Access Cams on an NV4108E-a2 POE NVR Individually Via a Browser

Post by timsa »

I recently purchased an Amcrest NV4108E-A2 (POE NVR). This model seems to have its own internal switch forcing all connected cameras to be in the 10.1.1.x network. I would like to be able to access these cams INDIVIDUALLY from my 192.168.1 network. In other words give them a 192.168.1 address. It appears that this is not possible. Is there any way to accomplish this? If I were to change my lan to 10.1.1 network... there would likely be ip address conflicts. Any ideas?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How Can I Access Cams on an NV4108E-a2 POE NVR Individually Via a Browser

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So there are a few things that you can do. First if you don't have a POE Switch and only way to connect cameras is over your POE NVR then you would want to access the NVR via the IP for the NVR. Then once you log in, click on Management at the top left of the screen, then click on camera then in the bottom set of Windows there should be a list of Connected Cameras. If and only if you are using Amcrest or Dahua type cameras then you could use the NVR's Virtual Host and in that page click on the Icon that looks like e for IE, or something that would bring up the Browser. I am not sure what option it would have on the newer A2 model. However you might need to look in your NVR to make sure that there isn't a hidden Virtual Host option that needs to be turned on. Normally this would be again under Management, Now Network and in there under where your IP and DNS info is might be a toggle to turn on Virtual host. Please look at the 2 picture below as they might be able to answer what it looks like. Sometimes pictures are better then words.. However if your camera is a Hikvision or some other device that uses port 80 for connection then you might not have the ability to access the camera.. Also if you are using Chrome. Make sure to click on the E of the camera you don't want to work on first. It will open your NVR's Ip with 10080 however last time I tried in Chrome that is a Blocked port so after you do the first one again not the one you want to work with right away. Click on the second one and the one you really mean to work with and it will again load your NVR's Ip with a port number of 10081
Screenshot (340).png
Screenshot (340).png (101.92 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Screenshot (339).png
Screenshot (339).png (73.63 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How Can I Access Cams on an NV4108E-a2 POE NVR Individually Via a Browser

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also here is what I was talking about with using Chrome you can see that it says Unsafe.. So always click one in chrome you don't want to mess with then click another one and it will open in the right port. This picture is of another NVR and not the one that was in the first 2 pictures because it was already logged in lol so I logged into another POE NVR that I have..
Screenshot (341).png
Screenshot (341).png (36.36 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Be Safe.