Hikvision IP camera vs Amcrest NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ekorkoryiza

Hikvision IP camera vs Amcrest NVR

Post by ekorkoryiza »

Dear all. I reall need help in solving my problem. I have one Amcrest NVR. I have 19 cameras(6 amcrest camera and 13 Hikvision IP camera hookup on the Amcrest NVR). The NVR been working well for the pass 4 months. The only changed I did to the configuration since i deployed the cameras was two weeks ago which was the (ftp configuration).

Today I need to add more Hikvision cameras to the NVR. I followed the same step I did months ago, to my surprise, I can't get the new hackvision cameras added to the amcrest NVR for recording. Now here is my exact problem: In the Amcrest NVR, I am able to search for the camera as seeing in screenshot 1. I am able to add the camera as seeing in screeshot 2. Once the camera is added. I look on the screen attached to the NVR, screeshot 3 shows the details, at this stage all i did when I firs added the 19 cameras, is to put the NVR password to allow access to the camera for recording. This time I am using the same password as usual and nothing happening. I ahave confirm that the password is working well.

Any one have such experience? what are the recommended solution. Thanks, as i await help.
Attachments
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 2.png (68.28 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
Screenshot 1.png
Screenshot 1.png (52.26 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hikvision IP camera vs Amcrest NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

I would Trash can that one on 20 and try to add it back again. At times I found for my systems anyway that if I try to add a camera and I get stuck on the Status staying red, if I happen to remove that and do another search or Manual add back the camera I get the camera to come up as expected.

Also with Hikvision as I am sure you already know seeing you have more then a few, The camera needs to be setup with ONVIF turned on and in some cases and some FW will require a ONVIF User to be added. Not always but in some cases. Knowing that you have others already added only thing that I can think of is that the ONVIF user is needed in the FW that your camera is running. I have some that require and some that done in my setup. So something to look at. If that is the issue the camera will look like it is being added however seeing the system isn't active with a good ONVIF user it will never go Green. Something to look over.
Be Safe.
ekorkoryiza

Post by ekorkoryiza »

Thanks for your reply. I did all as you suggested issue still remain. Now, i remove one of the recording cameras from the system the ones you was green in the screeshot with the hope i could be able to add it back, the same problem, i can't add the camera back which I remove as a test to narrow down the issue. I taught it was issue with the new cameras i bought, but it seems like something different. I really need help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I just looked at one of my systems that has a couple of Hikvision cameras connected, One that is a Smart Home Hikvision camera and another that is the Normal 80 port ONVIF type and I was able to add them both back to my system even adding them in different channels of the NVR without any issue. From what I think you have said, You removed one of the ones you had connected and no longer able to add it back?

Are you trying to add it into the system over the NVR's WebUI or on the NVR's GUI? If you are using the GUI I would try to log into the WebUI and add or update the password using typing on your keyboard over adding on the Virtual Keyboard of the GUI. it might be that the password being added is getting extra digits when trying to add. This is a common issue on my systems anyway..

Just some ideas.
Screenshot (707).png
Screenshot (707).png (48.67 KiB) Viewed 4546 times
Be Safe.
ekorkoryiza

Post by ekorkoryiza »

Hi team and thanks for all of your reply and suggested solutions. I found out that my issue was with the time zone. The cameras was pointing to different zone othere then the NVR. The year was 1970 on the camera, while the NVR is accurate in both time for the current year. It's working now.