Hard Drive have no power

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Eternal257

Hard Drive have no power

Post by Eternal257 »

Hello, I recently brought an Amcrest UltraHD 4MP 4CH Home Security Camera System, after installing 3 cameral, everything works fine. When I finally installed the 4th one, it work for about 10 mins and then it just completely shut up, I have no power to the camera or the hard drive. The hard drive a blue blinking light but nothing else is work. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hard Drive have no power

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I know this might seem like a dumb question but did you make sure you used the Right PSU with the right set? Meaning PSU for DVR and the PSU that was for the cameras?

Sadly as I hate to say it could be that your system has a Bad PSU. Did you try and remove the camera that took the system offline and see if there is any cameras back?

Did you buy the system NEW from Amcrest or Amcrest Auth Dealer?

If you have Not everyone does, But do you have a different PSU that you could test on the first 3 cameras that was working. I wouldn't test the 4th without first looking over your Wiring for your cameras. It could be that when you installed the camera a Nail or screw went through your line,. So your first 3 was ok. Then when you connected 4th bad line fried the PSU...

Sorry to ask so much but don't know what was done so far...
Be Safe.
Eternal257

Post by Eternal257 »

Hi.
Thank you for replying. Yup I use the right PSU, I brought it as a whole set with 4 Camera and 1TB DVR. I got it from Amazon but its through Amcrest, it suppose to be new. I tried to disconnect the 4th camera but it still doesn't work. I tried changing outlet and even buy a different 12V power supply. Every time I plug in the DVR, I can see a blue light inside, but nothing is moving, no sound, fan is not running. The camera is getting power, I can see the red light around the camera at night.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

aww from the sound it sounds like issue with DVR not the cameras. Did you reach out and see about a Replacement. I know it is a Pain with anything electronic issues do happen. Just last month buying a New 4k Samsung TV got it home got everything setup and hung the new Bracket on the wall attached TV to wall. Turned on just to plug it in get the Hello message and then the TV went Blank... Might be lighter then my old 1080p tv but still not easy to get on and off the wall lol. Took it down changed it out for a new one. Now it works like a charm..
Be Safe.
Eternal257

Post by Eternal257 »

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I called Amazon, and they said to send back the whole camera and units. I wish they can just send me a replacement just for the DVR, its so much work to take it out all the wire and run it again. Thank you for your help and reply.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, it has been almost a Month I was checking in to see if you got your replacement and how it is working out for you?

Hope all is well
Be Safe.