GETTING NVR TO RECORD

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
CRAIGTYRE

GETTING NVR TO RECORD

Post by CRAIGTYRE »

I have been fighting with getting my cameras to record. I cant seem to figure out what's wrong . I added a hard drive and can't get it to record anything. I feel that I'm gonna have to start all over from scratch and re-do everything. That would mean taking all my camera's down ,I guess , to start from scratch. I've tried calling support and I'm afraid I just make them mad , because I can't understand them real well. Can someone guide me as to what to do ? Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: GETTING NVR TO RECORD

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So it should have been setup most times from out of the box unless you made some changes you didn't understand...

So first of all...

Need more info of what system your working with... Amcrest NVR? Model??? What cameras did they come with it or they add ons?

So did you Format the HDD from the HDD menu?

What size hard drive are you using 3tb 4tb 1tb?

If it is really an NVR did you set up your cameras to the NVR? This would require you to run cables from the camera to your Router or switch or if it is a POE NVR to the NVR... Then you will use the NVR go to main menu then camera, then search... All the Cameras that come up you will need to make sure you setup the IP for them because most of them might come up with static IP of the same address and if that is the cause the camera will Error

So that if you need to change Ip you can use a Amcrest IP tools and this will also search for all your cameras you can click the log in button at the top and setup what your admin and pass is so when you make changes to the cameras ip you don't have to change the admin and pass everytime or get a message that it failed because the address was wrong...

Then another thing that can go wrong.. Someone might have setup if not new your system to Record Manually... You will want to go to Hdd manager and check Sorry I have loads of systems For Amcrest it is called Storage, then click on the Right Side Record and make sure all the Main Stream is set to record Also that will mean all events need to set as main to record on event Grr that might be a step to omit I am not sure the NVR has the Event Record Type or if it was one of my other I don't think it does So just make sure under Storage that you have Main auto for record setting on all Channels I have mine set to Manual for Sub channels but you could set to Auto and Snapshots I have off and only turn on if you want jpg of the day you can set a Schedule or motion or full time

You can't Reply to PM I guess but you can Read them I will send you a PM
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So for others and the IP here is a picture of some of my devices on this part of the network and there are a few that don't load in this list for some odd reason anyway I slice it So for finding the IP for them I use ARP in dos once added to my router table then I can add to my NVR or DVR aka HVR
Screenshot (2432).png
Screenshot (2432).png (91.02 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
Be Safe
CRAIGTYRE

Post by CRAIGTYRE »

Not sure if you remember helping me but , i'm having trouble with bringing up the controls for the cameras. i can see the cameras but cant control them thanks for any help
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No problem. Glad to have been able to help. :) Happy Sunday and Be safe.
Be Safe