Firmware upgrade <10003>

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mel0dia

Firmware upgrade <10003>

Post by mel0dia »

This message WILL NOT go away. I press OK to upgrade or Cancel, and it just comes back. FOR MONTHS NOW. Amcrest customer service is AWFUL. I emailed them in July and it's been sent to the "R&D" team to which they've just stopped responding.

This is what we have:

Amcrest ProHD 2-Megapixel (1920 x 1080p) 4CH Network POE Video Security System (NVR Kit) -
Four 2MP POE Outdoor Bullet IP Cameras
AMNV20M4-4B-B
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NA ... UTF8&psc=1
IMG_0300.jpg (145.95 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Firmware upgrade <10003>

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I personally can't tell what system that is. The FW update is strange to me seeing it is what my CVI unit has as it's last update and yet yours is saying that it is a POE NVR!?

So I am sure they have had you go to the FW update page or sent you a link to the update for your system? Again I would give you more info if I had it, I just don't know what NVR comes with that kit,

What is odd is that the message will not pop up for any FW newer then 2018.

I can tell you how to fix it but that isn't going to help make sure you have the current FW either..

I am sure they have told you already to Reset the NVR back to Factory settings. Not something anyone wants to do, I have to do it on my CVI system about every 6 months or I get issues where the system work work as expected. After Reset it works for a good while..

One thing that can happen if you were to reset your system to factory, If you don't give it a good DNS setting and if you don't have Cloud or turn on P2P then it will never ask the server if there is a New FW.. IF one is saying it is Required that sounds like one that was Pushed because of a Security Risk and in that case you should look at the info in the NVR for System that it is, Like is it a 2104E, or 2108e or is it with -HS at the end? then I would go to the Firmware webpage and see if you can find the FW for the device https://amcrest.com/firmware

Just keep in mind that if the Device FW is for 2019 or newer it is JS fw and once you go there you can't go back. The JS 4.0 FW is much different then older FW and I like it over the older system.. Where the update info from the NVR will be for the last Update before JS, Seeing the JS FW has to be DL and installed..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
egytech

Post by egytech »

upgrading usually is good ,it fixes bugs and problems but some times it creates other problems, the bottom line do upgrades when needed only , meaning if u have issues , upgrade could fix it but if ur system is stable , u dont need to
if some one more familier with amcrest and would tells whats new in this upgrade it would be helpful
mel0dia

Post by mel0dia »

Problem not solved yet. My system is discontinued.

The Amcrest site directs me to this firmware: https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/ ... 170516.bin

However, the popup indicates that "10003" is available. Where can I download 10003 for NV2104E?
mel0dia

Post by mel0dia »

Also please note, we're running it from the DVR to a computer- this isn't the web interface. I've found the same problem in another Amazon review:

"Another annoyance is if you want this setup where you mainly sit or work to monitor it every now and then a popup will come up saying theres a firmware update and to hit ok, hiting ok does nothing but reboot the unit and prompt you again over and over that theres a firmware update. Theres no setting to turning this off from what I can see and the site showed no firmware update for this."
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would reach out to the Support staff via the Support pages and fill in the info about your system and ask them for the current FW for your device. I looked at the Firmware page and it don't have that type of numbers for the one offered and while yours is stating a software version the FW page only shows FW like 3.200 one from 2017 and the one before was from 2016 that is for the normal 2104E so not sure if yours is 2104E-HS or the normal either way the package for the normal non HS is at the bottom of the Firmware page right above the Trail cams 2 up from the bottom.

https://amcrest.com/firmware

If that don't get you what you need then what was stated above would be best option they can send you a link to your FW direct if needed. You will need to fill in complete

https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
Be Safe
mel0dia

Post by mel0dia »

The NVR is: NV2104E

I've upgraded the firmware many times now. The message above still comes up. I am not using the app - it's the NVR running straight to a monitor (like C-TV security, if you will). Another Amazon review said they had the same issue, I don't think there is a solution.

Strange thing is, the update file is: General_NVR2X-S_Eng_N_Amecrest_V3.200.AC00.0.R.20170516
Which does not have "10003" in it --- And other files for other NVRs DO have "10003" in it. I was thinking about trying one of those incorrect files.... but that could break my system?

Sigh.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hate to ask but have you tried to do a factory reset?

What is important is that you get the latest updated file for your device. If that isn't the one you already have now and is dated before the 2017 date of the one listed then personally I would go with the one that is listed and might cure the issue. Just remember that it is important to do a Factory Reset after doing a FW update.. Not always do people do this and can end up with things not working well or at all.. File for your NVR should be listed on the page the last one on the right of the page is one found last stable. I am guessing that maybe the one that was on your machine now was last one DL from site and has different type coding the one installed. Personally not sure.

what is crazy is when I seen people talking about 10003 I thought it was odd because it is the package number for my DVR looking down at the AMDV72xx series the package for last update was called like SV10003 and that was why I was confused because people were saying it was for their NVR's.. Then I noticed that the 1104 had a 10003 at one point and most of the others were in any range from 10001 to 10007 and just way to confusing.

In the end it looks like yours isn't with that in the FW name anymore. If your FW is newer then the one listed I would try a Factory Reset. If not then I would DL and install the new one and then do a factory reset and see if that cures the issue.

You will want to only use FW that was made for your NVR. I mean sure some might be the same however it might be that the wrong FW was installed at some point and why it is always going off asking for xyz...
Be Safe