Failed to Enable the Video

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Failed to Enable the Video

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So this isn't always the case but is the first thing that came to mind. So I will break it down.

Had a Friend call me and ask why his POE NVR is no longer loading one of his camera. After some talking back and forth only thing that came to mind was that he had to have changed the password. He ensures me that he didn't however when I ask him to look at the Camera window sure enough his camera is Orange/Red what ever color it is it isn't green.. Asked him how he had it setup and seeing he was part of a group of people that I mentor and started his install after a meeting he had with me and a few dozen people I was sure he did everything right, However that isn't the case. Come to find out he only took his cameras and connected them and never did the change password so all his cameras were admin admin.

Again after some back and forth he now thinks someone has been in his system. seeing he has not made a connection to the camera to change password and the password isn't the same. So I gave him some ideas of what to try shy of taking the camera apart to do a Reset seeing it isn't one that you can just remove a hatch and press a button or the button is on the wire stack. Because the camera is connected to the NVR POE port I told him he don't have much to worry about someone from the outside without them being connected to it. However if someone did connect and setup a Phone home on the camera. By the way that is a real thing but is risky to the bad actor.. Well today he called me back and said he has fixed it and was able to do a reset.

Then you ask your self ok why didn't they change all the cameras and it seems he was lucky that he only had 5 of the 8 ports in use and the one they were able to get access to was the start of the next stack. Meaning in this NVR (Not all of them are like this) 1-4 are on a stack and 5-8 are on so had he had others on that or had the camera been in the 1-4 then they might have been able to disable this Recorder.. Or at least most of the camera stack.

So I didn't do much in testing however I did want/need to make my system act in the way so I did setup my 2108E-HS with a normal 841 on one of the NVR's POE port, I reset it so it was factory settings admin admin and I returned to my Monitor room. I then accessed the NVR over WebUI and logged into the Camera Remotely and first thing it says is update password and no way past that without doing so. So made the password the same as my NVR and thought ok spent a little time in the Cameras WebUI before logging out normally, I then accessed the NVR live view at this point the NVR will still have access to the camera However if you remove it and connect to camera and change and connect back it won't. so I reboot the system and NVR comes back online and that channel is no longer valid. So for me I know I just had to make change to camera password area in the NVR to reflect the new password..

Now for others that are reading this because you feel you might have had the same issue and don't think anyone from your yard made access to your camera, then you need to not only do the reset of the camera but then you need to change your NVR password and at that time also Sync to your cameras.
Screenshot (2667).png
Screenshot (2667).png (108.03 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe