Factory Reset button missing on my NVR4108

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rocketberger

Factory Reset button missing on my NVR4108

Post by rocketberger »

Just bought the 5mp bundle off of Amazon. Accidentally set the monitor resolution too high and there's no way to revert it.

All of the online instructions tell me to press the reset button, but no one in my house can see a reset button on the case or on the circuit card inside it... Should I remove the battery for 30 seconds?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Factory Reset button missing on my NVR4108

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum

Removing the battery isn't going to work as some report it will..

What one needs to do is make a connection to the WebUI and go to Display and change the Display to the one that will work for you..

Also just to be sure, There are a couple of different models of the 4108.. There is the Normal, 4108E, and then there are the HS models the HS does have a Button on the board when looking at the front of the NVR it would be on the Right side toward the front..

Using IE, go to the NVR, IP address, put in the admin, and password, then got to the Cog at the top for setup, then choose Display, at the top it will give the area for change. Once that change is made the Display will work from the NVR..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
roneymonte

Re: Factory Reset button missing on my NVR4108

Post by roneymonte »

Hello rocketberger, did you solve your problem about monitor resolution and/or factory reset ?
I have the same problem, no TV or Video Monitor can connect at specific resolution, and the IP management was bricked by a mistake in Network Access Lists, so I can not access it via webUI.

I also can not reset because there is no reset button.
Any tips for me ???
Thanks
Roney