Face Detection NEEDS Ability to Mask Areas

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bryeartem

Face Detection NEEDS Ability to Mask Areas

Post by bryeartem »

So after playing with face detection for a few weeks it is pretty much unusable as it becomes filled with "face detections" of a house in the distance... I have tried every possible combination of min/max size to eliminate the issue and even with an max size smaller than what it is detecting... it is still detecting the house on one camera, and a tree with a swing on another... Anyone had similar issues that they were able to resolve? It would be ideal if I could mask off those areas for face detection but there doesn't seem to be any ability to do that.
Attachments
IMG_2919.JPG
IMG_2919.JPG (676.04 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
IMG_2918.JPG
IMG_2918.JPG (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2712 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Face Detection NEEDS Ability to Mask Areas

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am going to guess that your using the Camera as a stand alone or do you have it with a AI NVR as well?

Also yes it is at times very hard to get a good read when there is a lot of Busy background.. If there is movement from the trees or even shadow it might trick the camera into thinking that your busy area is a person and take point as such.. If this is working with the AI NVR that I think lowers the Risk of false alerts however that is a large area your dealing with and to be safe it is better suited for a less busy background...

So with that said as I have said many times in the past with people trying to buy a Camera to Read plates 1 camera can't do it all.. It is best to have a Nice Wide angle camera here to get your whole scene while your face Detection camera Pools the Face data and that would be in an area that could get the street and one side of the side walks or just the one side of the side walks if your not in an area with large street foot traffic..

You would want to look at the manual or other Docs for Dori from your camera this defines different levels of detail for Detection, Observation, Recognition, and Identification for visible light surveillance cameras. While this can be done with many cameras around the difference with yours is that it was designed for real face Rec it just needs to be installed in the right sitting
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
bryeartem

Post by bryeartem »

It is an IP8M-2496EW(non-ai) with an NV4216E-AI NVR.. I suppose you are correct I am asking a lot with the large amount of other things in the background.. I suppose I expected something like masking certain areas (like with regular motion detection) would be a somewhat standard option.
I didn’t buy this NVR for the purpose of the AI I was just attempting to “future-proof” my setup in case I decided to add more cameras.
I did think about getting an AI Camera to pair with it but didn’t see any real advantage so decided to hold off and see how the features were. Do you know if the direct on camera AI is any better or just basically taking some processing load off the NVR?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that is another issue then.. AI NVR trying to do things that a AI camera needs to be in play to make it work right.. From my understanding of how it would or wouldn't work is a AI Nvr would have the ability to do things like Cross line, Add and Remove features work but without a AI camera that portion that your trying to work with wouldn't work...

About the AI camera it is said to Detect and ID face an AI camera would need to be paired with AI NVR and it will store and keep service info for AI camera data... Features that will work with AI nvr that could be great for people like me that have AI cameras but don't want to pay 400 or more for my camera because it is older TECH and cost more back in the day then they do today with better hardware.. Anyway it would have been nice to have the feature in the NVR like yours is where I could do LIne crossing and people Counting on a NON Ai camera and keep the AI part to the AI camera where for me having to use People Counting on my Face Detection Camera disables the Face Detection... Again with your NVR and some non AI cameras This will let me keep my AI camera doing the Face Detection and other cameras able to do the LIne Crossing and People Counting.. Also would do other things that using would require me before with my older tech cameras to have to buy more cameras for a feature that I feel detracts from AI camera..
Be Safe
bryeartem

Post by bryeartem »

I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding you, but the AI-NVR has the ability to do AI directly on Non-AI cameras.. it’s in the manual.. you just cannot use a “smart plan”
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes and NO... Ai part of the NVR is not for Face Detect and will not work as expected without a True AI camera... If you want your AI to work you will need https://amcrest.com/new-products/ancres ... ew-ai.html

However as I was saying the part of AI that will work with NON Ai cameras are Line Crossing, Take and Leave, Enter and exit that people use for People counting... These are the 2 or 3 things that will work without a AI camera...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looking over the NVR manual... It is going to be the Downfall of this whole AI to start with... People are going to Mis-Understand the Tech.. Here is why...

Manual says Face Detect can work with an NVR or Independently and why others will mis understand this is because it is meant for a AI Camera that Statement is saying that the Camera needs a AI NVR (To Store and Search Faces) or it can work as a Stand Alone... I think that is where there is a problem and people don't understand, Statement before states that Ai Camera is needed for Face Detect and other NON Face Detect features like LIne Crossing and some other features can work at the same time
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

The Amcrest AI camera, IP4M-1046EW-AI, does not have face detection capability. No IVS rule available. Face detection is not mentioned in it's user manual and technical specifications.

bryeartem, I suppose you could set up privacy masking in your camera that could do the same thing as the face detection blocked areas you propose. But then you would not see the privacy areas in your image.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

jack7 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:42 pm The Amcrest AI camera, IP4M-1046EW-AI, does not have face detection capability. No IVS rule available. Face detection is not mentioned in it's user manual and technical specifications.

@bryeartem, I suppose you could set up privacy masking in your camera that could do the same thing as the face detection blocked areas you propose. But then you would not see the privacy areas in your image.
So was doing some looking around about setting up 1046EW-AI, it does have Face Detection and also has IVS.. I own this camera myself buying after I wrote my first post here and found out that I too had the same issue when I setup for Face Detection before finding some areas for configuration..

Please note When you want to setup Face Detection you will want to setup in the camera, If your using your Camera on your NVR POE port, (Also now own the 4216E-AI NVR) you can get to your cameras Configuration page from the WebUI for the NVR. I Prefer IE and both the camera and NVR still work in the IE format until it is no longer able to be used that is what I will use..

Either way, Even in Chrome, click on the Management in the Top left of the Window, Then click on the Camera, Then in lower box of your installed cameras, scroll down till you get to your camera that is on your NVR's POE port, click the e that is showing on the right side of the widow area for the camera, then it will bring up a camera IP and port number for your camera (Port not always the same) Your log in will come online put in the user and pass, then in the camera, click on Setup, Then on the left click on Event, then Face Detection, then the box will come up with your camera view, you will want to click on the Detect and Exclude Region and in there you will be able to Draw in areas for where you want and don't want it to detect!

Also please note that in the area your showing @bryeartem might be outside of the DORI for the camera.. I don't have that data in front of me right this min but I think it is only 20 or 30 feet and I know that mine works best at upto 40 feet but is outside of the data for working the best... I would also Enable Face Exposure and Face Enhancement and or try it both with it on and off to see what is best for your needs...

One with Yellow box is for the area to Detect faces and the ones with the blue box is to show how it might look to setup an exclude area..
Screenshot (1136).png
Screenshot (1136).png (580.74 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
Screenshot (1137).png
Screenshot (1137).png (582.24 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I remember what and why now.. So I thought I would make a video and show what should be done to setup the Face Detection. Please note that when you do this from the NVR you are missing what I feel is important setup step that I can only seem to find on the camera..

So either way of setting up using the NVR's WebUI to access the cameras WebUI if connected VIA the NVR's POE Ports.. If the camera is connected on your normal network on a switch or using a 12v power supply and some other hub, router or non poe switch.. You will want to access the Cameras WebUI for the camera.

It is important to make the setup in the camera.. I was doing a Full Reset and setup of the camera when I noticed the starting didn't record.. So I just show how to setup the Face Detection and the steps that should be done to make sure that the NVR that it is connected will detect humans and not trees and houses and say they are humans lol.. Been there done that :)

https://youtu.be/rcjnbZpSobE
Be Safe