External Hard Drive

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
xxlt250rxx

External Hard Drive

Post by xxlt250rxx »

I have model NV5216E-8P NVR. I have one internal hard drive. I know I can install a second hard drive inside. Can the USB ports be used with an external hard drive? If so will it write to the internal and external hard drive simultaneously so if one fails I still have a copy of the video? The idea is to put the external hard drive in a "remote" location.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: External Hard Drive

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly if your DVR/NVR didn't come with a e-Sata port that some of the older machines had then no the Hardware isn't designed to write to the USB outside of normal back up that you would have to search form your local NVR drive to make a back up of... l
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK so I thought about it and better maybe to make a Video and show it.. So I just made a Video and I am showing what you can do if you wanted VIA a Back up and I know again this isn't a dual HDD setup but is something that is important and thought Maybe if you didn't know about it doing a just under 8min video might help others looking for a way to do a backup outside of the USB seeing that is the most widely used method...

So from IE sadly not Chrome at this time however 5216 on the JS FW with 4.0GUI that works in Chrome sadly the Backup feature is removed for some odd reason.. However in the IE it still works and you can Back up both Videos and Pictures and I love the feature.. Anyway here is the link to the Video.. https://youtu.be/n7dCXTsoaEw
Just an idea of a way to get files moved to the computer in fast order and use it often
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I did edit and add the Link back to a remake video without Music.. Geez it could hardly be heard and was said to be copywrite free but I guess it wasn't.. Oh well

https://youtu.be/n7dCXTsoaEw
Be Safe.