Email Trigger by Channel/Camera Motion Detection

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
nmsr1196

Email Trigger by Channel/Camera Motion Detection

Post by nmsr1196 »

Can someone who understands how to properly set up sending email from motion detection tell me step by step how to set it up, please?
My email setup works, the test email from the NVR is successful.
The problem I have is that when a motion is detected it sends the email on only 1 channel but not any of the other 3 channels.
I'm not understanding what I'm doing incorrectly.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks ( in advance)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Email Trigger by Channel/Camera Motion Detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

When you setup your NVR or DVR for email you will go to motion of each Channels and then you will on the motion page of that camera like CH1 you will click on the Email to get it a Check Mark. Then Ch2 setup again your motion with Grids and all an click on the Email for sending email always make sure to apply or save.. Do that for the rest of the Channels.

Here is one issue that some might not understand and personally I don't either lol.. Depending on the system you own your Email might say something about being CH1 but sadly that could be that it is really CH2 3 or 4 but CH1 is always the channel of the camera no matter the NVR's channel it was on...

Also why would anyone want to have a Picture or clip stored on a Server that anyone can get ahold of P2P is much faster and stable Tech... I have found that I get the Notice before the event is even over on 3 images set to image and a car is going by at 30mph before that car is out of my screen my Phone has a notice of the event..

Another thing Email isn't as stable as P2P Push. Main issue is there is many different Hops that a Email has to go though, your system will send an Email and if your software a little time before that event had already checked for Email that means you now will have a Delay before the Email server will even tell you that you have a new message.. Where Push is instant and your Camera or DVR/NVR is where that data is saved.. Also depending on how things are saved or how big your system is or how much Network traffic you have sending email has many places to have road blocks along the way. Again from delays, to 2 pictures where you have asked for 3 or if you have 5 it sends 1 or 3 and not all 5 on video setting it might not process your whole video and or gets damaged in the rendering or processing...
Be Safe.
nmsr1196

Re: Email Trigger by Channel/Camera Motion Detection

Post by nmsr1196 »

@Revo2Maxx
also, good point about the pictures.
I'm just using the pictures to see if the right channel is sending the email.