Email Alerts

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
WarmPepsi

Email Alerts

Post by WarmPepsi »

So i've got one system that i've had for years... works great, sends me email alerts on the channels I want, etc.

I setup a second one at a second location, and I can't for the life of me get it setup and sending motion alerts. I've verified that it IS recording motion by viewing the past recordings, and it will send me app alerts as well. New one is a NV4108E-HS. I gave it similiar settings to my working one, and inside the NVR web portal, i've verified the email information is correct, and even recieve test emails. On my working system, each camera doesn't have the email information, it just gets sent from the NVR... I tried the individual cameras and no dice there either.

SUMMARY: NVR Email test works; camera motion alerts work; "send email" and the "1" image is selected..... get no emails.

It is coming through a Verizon wireless home internet router, but if it can send the test email, it should be able to send the email alerts; so I'm kinda ruling that out...

HELP! :cry:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Email Alerts

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well only 1 thing I can think of when you have the rest already worked out.. First I would go to the Network, Email, and on send health check that and setup for every 30min if you have it setup in an area of light traffic. If heavy traffic setup for 1440 once a day. Seeing it is normally in Min and not hours.. Then go to Storage, and Disk Manager, Record Mode, Make sure that the Snap shot is setup to on. Once you get a few emails with the Health check and still no images from motion. Will have to look deeper into the settings..
Be Safe.
WarmPepsi

Post by WarmPepsi »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:56 pm Then go to Storage, and Disk Manager, Record Mode, Make sure that the Snap shot is setup to on.
Hrm... on the individual cameras, or the NVR? I'm not 100% that's on.

Hadn't used the health check either so will look into that.

Appreciate the assistance!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well couple of things, In the Camera if it isn't setup for Snapshot even without having a Micro SD the camera won't send one. Kind of hard to understand but was something I had at one time when i wasn't getting any images sent. Come to find out not only the NVR but the camera has to be setup for image sending.. Don't mean in the camera sending to Email just that you want to have the camera take snapshots. Also important to look under your camera settings to make sure that they were not setup wrong. Leave them setup for 1s and personally I wouldn't try to get Best picture quality I would leave at 4 or 5 if issues with being on a Metered service I would take it down to 3 or 4 for quality personally.. While I am using IVS in my pictures below it is same idea of where the Snapshot info is and on the event page making sure that Snapshot is enabled..
Screenshot (1452).png
Screenshot (1452).png (21.71 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Screenshot (1453).png
Screenshot (1453).png (16.83 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Be Safe.
WarmPepsi

Post by WarmPepsi »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:36 pm Well couple of things, In the Camera if it isn't setup for Snapshot even without having a Micro SD the camera won't send one. Kind of hard to understand but was something I had at one time when i wasn't getting any images sent. Come to find out not only the NVR but the camera has to be setup for image sending.. Don't mean in the camera sending to Email just that you want to have the camera take snapshots. Also important to look under your camera settings to make sure that they were not setup wrong. Leave them setup for 1s and personally I wouldn't try to get Best picture quality I would leave at 4 or 5 if issues with being on a Metered service I would take it down to 3 or 4 for quality personally.. While I am using IVS in my pictures below it is same idea of where the Snapshot info is and on the event page making sure that Snapshot is enabled..

Screenshot (1452).png

Screenshot (1453).png
Ya know, I remember that screen, but don't recall seeing that tab on the display. I bet that's my issue. Will check and see if that works this evening.

No issues with metered connection or upload speed. Can watch full res video live with very minimal buffering.

Thanks!