Email Alerts suddenly stopped?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
smokethisgt

Email Alerts suddenly stopped?

Post by smokethisgt »

I noticed yesterday that my NVR has stopped sending alert emails. I currently use smtp.gmail.com with the same send to/from so that I get an alert on the gmail app on my phone.

I've tried changing Port/Encrtyption - no good.
Tried changing and using a different gmail account - no good.
Tried using yahoo - still fails.

I know Gmail turned off the "Allow Less Secure Apps" function. Curious if anyone else is having these issues? Is there a better way to be alerted other than email? Any help is appreciated...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Email Alerts suddenly stopped?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Fastest and best way is setting up your device Via P2P and then setting up push for the device. Its fast no server settings and best part doing a reset of the device in future using push is ready once you do the first setup. Seeing you had your email sent to phone you will find push is faster almost instant..

Open Amcrest Pro View app, is already setup where you scanned the SN of your recorder then your almost there already. On top left click 3 dots next to 3 lines, push notification, click device, click channel, choose the type of push I choose image then click event type motion or audio, even IVS if you have AI nvr or dvr. Once you click the one it will take you back a page before closing press the little disk looking thing on top right now all the events for channels and type will be sent to your phone. Audio wasn't great but did a video from my 2116-hs in 2020

https://youtu.be/TCrH8Bz4-ak

last month from my Amcrest 16ch DVR better audio
https://youtu.be/zwWnepdPHBc
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
smokethisgt

Post by smokethisgt »

Thank you Revo, this might be how I go from now on. This seems to work very well. Only thing I had a question of is on the Alert itself it indicates "Channel 2" instead of the name I have assigned that particular camera. Any idea where to change that?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well if I had to guess it sounds like your device was setup on your phone before your update to the Channels were done. I say this because when I just setup one of my NVR's to send a push it shows the name of the device and channel. See picture below.

So why do I think this. well I do loads of testing and have more devices that I care to admit. When I do resets and or other changes within my systems I found that there are times that I will get an alert that isn't from what I expected. Then after looking at my app I find that there is some changes made that didn't update in the app. Way to cure this is remove device from app and add back..

Like the other day. Got a message about the Pups from IVS off my 4216E-AI NVR however when I looked at the event playback I seen it was Neighbor weed eating his back fence on my side. Then realized the channel where that camera is now was where I had my Pups camera before. So removing that device from the app and adding it back now has all the correct channels names

The pups now are on the 4116E-HS NVR and no longer on the AI NVR..
Screenshot_20220620-133350_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20220620-133350_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (116.31 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
danik56

Post by danik56 »

What free email service still works with Amcrest cameras for sending motion detection email alerts ?