DVR with HDMI splitter?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GCS

DVR with HDMI splitter?

Post by GCS »

I have an NV4108 DVR with 8 wired cameras, and need to see it all in two offices. Any reason why I couldn't use an HDMI splitter to put it on two displays?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: DVR with HDMI splitter?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Why not just use the WebUI for one or both? To be honest you can have better control over the system.. Also if you ran a dual HDMI setup you would only have 1 access point at a time... Meaning someone sees something on camera 8 grabs the mouse but the person down on other level is trying to follow another person on ch4 now 2 people are fighting over the recorder...

However on system over Network maybe location 2 you don't want to have the ability to change camera configs or other things you can make a different account with admin or limited access admin and you can both do things as long as your both not trying to access the same PTZ cameras your alright.. Every once in a while I run into that here.. I will see something on one of my cameras, it is on a Ch that leads to one of my PTZ's so I will switch over to the camera and my son is already using it.. So i won't tell him but I just pop his network access for a moment so I can use the camera lol.. But you can on one of mine anyway even add cameras over the WebUI
Screenshot (2644).png
Screenshot (2644).png (89.13 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Be Safe.
GCS

Post by GCS »

I have a wireless mouse on the system now that will follow me room to room, so I'll essentially have the only access point.

The system right now is on a seprate internal network and I'd rather not put the strain of streaming 8 cameras on the network of any system that would be used to view it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well then it is going to depend on distance to what type of Splitter you will need...

Normally under 25 to 30 feet you can get away with a Passive Splitter, If it is over 50 feet for sure you will need an Active Splitter... Also using an Active Splitter you can buy one that would let you have more then 2 different locations if needed...

Also there are some and I would look into using them as well It will save you loads on trying to find a good quality HDMI cabe and buy a HDMI over Ethernet while they can be somewhat costly you will thank your self in the end...
Be Safe.