DVR power light on, disk spins, unit non functional

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
stubbm1

DVR power light on, disk spins, unit non functional

Post by stubbm1 »

16Ch DVR several years old stopped working. Power light comes on, disk spins up but no VGA/HDMI output (VGA monitor indicates no signal). No internet connectivity. Lan lights in back blink. No lights on front panel except power. Other than disk and power light unit seems dead. 12v from the adapter is good. Disconnecting disk no change. Seems like a secondary PS on the board may have gone out. Any ideas? Anyone with similar issues?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: DVR power light on, disk spins, unit non functional

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

DVR or NVR? Either way no harm in trying but if it is a DVR and has a Reset Button inside you could try to do a Reset pressing and holding the Button. If it s a NV2116-HS or another model that has a working Reset button you could try that. I will tell you that if it is a 4116E-HS don't try the button or 4108-HS because it seems the reset button if there don't work. At least they don't on my 41xx model does on my 21xx however..

Outside of that if you have the ability to change the Micro SMD parts that would be the next step. More then likely more then just a Regulator. I would say at least one cap will be bad as well.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe