DVR AMDV8M16-H5 / MD Regions 1-4?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jimbeamrye

DVR AMDV8M16-H5 / MD Regions 1-4?

Post by Jimbeamrye »

Any suggestions on what to do/try why when I set up MD regions 1-4, the DVR does not respect my selections. I save the settings, and nothing changes. Only region 1(red) seems to work, and then I can't adjust the sensitive-threshold settings that make any sense? Last thing, if I want to have the maximum MD that picks up every little thing, what should my threshold setting be at, 0 or 100? Thanks for any help!
John in Pensacola, FL.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: DVR AMDV8M16-H5 / MD Regions 1-4?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Personally it is kind of hard to say what will work for your setup on Threshold and Sensitivity seeing everyone has a different type of outdoor settings. Also to be honest DVR's with IR cameras are very hard to get settings that work well at night. For me I live in a Very Humid area. If there is no rain or snow from the sky then I get mist from the ground where it looks like my cameras are upside down and raining from the ground lol. So for that I have to have my system setup on cameras that I can't turn off the IR to record full time at night and motion at day time.

Normally I keep my system setup as Amcrest had it from NEW. So if you were to go to your Alarms, Video Detection area and hit the defaults it should return your channel to normal setup. Save, Then work from there after making adjustment that don't work it always seems to never find a good setting without first returning.

About the 4 zones to be honest it is kind of a Gimmick. In most setups a Multi Zone Detection is not going to work to any needs over the last. When you get an alert for that camera you don't know what Zone set off the alert so no real way to know if it was good alert or just head lights turning the corner that went into another zone.. Anyway to get to the zone you while in the Detection grid area move your mouse to the top of the page there you will get 4 different color boxes come up. Red, Yellow, Blue and Green. Now in a Scene that isn't busy sure one might be able to setup different zones that would work. Maybe a Garage or Large shed maybe.

So on my NVR or cameras (Most of them anyway) it is setup for Sensitivity set at 60 and Threshold 5. However for my AI DVR it came stock with Sensitivity 80 and Threshold 0. I leave these alone on all my setups. However please note that my system most of my cameras are able to work in Color at night. Not all DVR's support this and make all cameras B/W at night with IR on. Even on the ones that I can't turn off IR then I make that a Full time Recording camera at night. I mean why have Motion all night and eat up my HDD space with an idea that it isn't taking all that space as a norm. 4tb hdd 8 cameras ranging from 2mp to 5mp cameras and a couple 720p cameras and older CVBS PTZ cameras all on h.265 will record about 45 days on my current settings.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Jimbeamrye

Re: DVR AMDV8M16-H5 / MD Regions 1-4?

Post by Jimbeamrye »

Hello and thanks for the reply. Let me try and make the question a bit clearer, I should hope someone at Amcrest or a long-time user would know this answer: My settings are all currently at Sensitivity 80 and Threshold 0 and that works fine for most situations. But one camera I have keeps getting triggered by a flag shadow that traverses across the lawn during the day, so where should my setting move towards? No to, but towards? Thanks John in Pensacola, FL.