Downloading files from NV2104E-HS (and a couple newbie questions)

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
buckyswider2

Downloading files from NV2104E-HS (and a couple newbie questions)

Post by buckyswider2 »

Hi all, finally "upgraded" from (first) using SD cards and (second) setting up FTP to my PC. I bought an NV2104E-HS.

Anyhow, I was really anticipating a similar experience as the "Playback" menu when connected directly to a cam- specifically, the ability to download specific files to my PC. I saw another thread where these files can be copied to a USB drive- but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I just want to select a file and download it to my PC. Can that be done??

I also want to run this "headless"- with no monitor attached, and strictly via the Web View app. It doesn't look like all the functionality available "direct connect" is available in web view. For example, I'm looking at the "backup" menu on the direct-attach view but I can't find it via Web View. Is this a know limitation?

I'm sure I'll have others as I progress but this should get me started. Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Downloading files from NV2104E-HS (and a couple newbie questions)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes for the Backup Menu you will want to log in to the WebUI over the IE browser to get the full meal deal. You can get that off the Chrome IE Extension there is only 1 down fall to that using your NVR with POE cameras when you try to load the camera you will need to copy and past it into a new IE Ext tab after you click on the e from the camera menu.. Outside of that I personally use IE and prefer it over Chrome or Edge and I will do so with any Device I can until IE no longer functions seeing it is on its way out..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
buckyswider2

Re: Downloading files from NV2104E-HS (and a couple newbie questions)

Post by buckyswider2 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:18 pm Yes for the Backup Menu you will want to log in to the WebUI over the IE browser to get the full meal deal. You can get that off the Chrome IE Extension there is only 1 down fall to that using your NVR with POE cameras when you try to load the camera you will need to copy and past it into a new IE Ext tab after you click on the e from the camera menu.. Outside of that I personally use IE and prefer it over Chrome or Edge and I will do so with any Device I can until IE no longer functions seeing it is on its way out..
Excellent, thanks Revo! That worked like a charm. Gotta figure out that chrome extension thing- I think IE isn't going to run on Windows11, which is coming sooner than we know it! I also originally thought that you only answered my second question, but now that I logged in on IE I see I can change the download to "Local PC" instead of just USB.

Now if Amcrest only had a reliable shield camera to replace my two indoor units (IP3M-HX2W)... :(