Downloading and playing H.265 videos

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
user3477

Downloading and playing H.265 videos

Post by user3477 »

So I have an Amcrest IP8M-2493EW which is recording using the H.265 codec to an Amcrest NV4108 NVR.

I can watch video play back fine in the Amcrest surveillance pro software.

I am also able to download .dav videos which are viewable in the Amcrest smart player.

The problem is when I try to download H.265 videos as AVI, ASF or MP4 video format they don't play in any well-known video players like windows media player, VLC, and Windows Movie and TV (with the H.265 HVEC codec installed).

I was wondering if it is possible to convert Amcrest H.265 dav videos into a well-known format which doesn't require the use of the Amcrest video player?
jack7continued

Re: Downloading and playing H.265 videos

Post by jack7continued »

The program VideoProc will convert Amcrest H.265 DAV files to H.264 MP4 files which play on all video players I've tried. https://www.videoproc.com/

UPDATE: Changed the above link. The previous one was the incorrect.
Last edited by jack7continued on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spud980

Post by Spud980 »

So, my problem is I record a video on Amcrest iOS app. I can replay it fine from the ‘my saved files’. Then when I go to export it from the app to save onto my iPhone, it begins to export and states it cannot read .dav file. Problem recently started and I have even gotten a new iPhone since and still happening. Pictures are fine. Tech can’t find anything wrong and doesn’t believe anything with the NVR (NV4108E-HS) // ideas??
jack7continued

Post by jack7continued »

The file you played from my saved files is a .dav file stored on the iphone. The "export" function doesn't work with H.265 .dav files. Android doesn't either. If you know where the dav file is in IOS, you could send it to PC for conversion to h.264 mp4. Not many video players support h.265 mp4. VLC and I believe Amcrest Smart Player on PC do.