does NVR have live audio?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RedDirtDog

does NVR have live audio?

Post by RedDirtDog »

I can get the audio working on playback fine but I cant find anyway to listen to the audio live, shouldn't there be an option to do that? this is straight from the nvr to a amplifier/speaker
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: does NVR have live audio?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What NVR do you have?

So you talking about your connected to a Pre-amp or Amp from your NVR or you going though a TV Monitor? Or you talking from WebUI?
Be Safe.
RedDirtDog

Post by RedDirtDog »

Its just straight from the NVR's RCA plugs to this amplifier from amazon then to a basic speaker. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetoo ... 78&sr=8-23
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry can't help you.. It not the Amp you have it going to that don't answer my Question. I have many different systems and they sadly don't work the same.. I also have some that are on Amps from the back of the NVR or DVR and some are connected on a Multi Channel setup and some only have 1 channel. Then I have some that are connected only to my HDMI output..

So seeing I don't know the NVR your asking about.. There are some take my 4108E that sadly only cameras that work with sound are ones that are connected to the POE ports if you were to use the FW that is listed on the Amcrest Site anyway.. Then take my 2116-HS and my 4108H NVR's both of them will play sound from HDMI.. However oddly I will have to double check tomorrow because it is almost 4am here and I need to go to sleep however last time I tired them I didn't get output from the Audio OUT jack.. I have since added different FW and I don't know how it works now and I don't have Direct access to my Recorders for testing so I will spend the hour to gain access to my Security room tomorrow and test them out. My others are different brands and 1 last one that is on an amp from Amcrest is 7204 CVI and only 1 camera on CVI works with Audio besides the IP channels if the IP cameras have Audio. The other is setup 1 ch mic in audio out off RCA.. Been a while since I had IP channels on it I can't remember if it was only playback or if it was Preview audio. Another one from Amcrest is a 960h DVR that one has 4ch in Audio and Video sadly don't help it is a 8ch lol.. But does as I said have 4 bnc and 4 rca for video and audio...

So with that that is all I can tell you what mine does. Don't know what system your is so don't know what it does.. However it might be an issue with FW as I said my 4108E only works on POE ports if I use a Wireless camera on the normal NVR port for input the audio in didn't work for FW that is on site currently and is no longer getting new updates
Be Safe.