Does not connect to wi-fi

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Capzilla

Does not connect to wi-fi

Post by Capzilla »

Just bought the Amcrest Pro through Amazon a couple days ago. I sat with customer service for over an hour while we kept resetting the camera and they remote accessed my computer. We were finally able to make it connect for about 1 minute then never again. I have super fast wi-fi and have the camera sitting next to the router.
Finally the customer service gets frustrated after and hour and says he will contact the manufacturer and call me back in a day our so.
I am already ready to return this because I don't think it will be reliable even if we finally get it to connect!
Not a happy customer!!! :evil:
Raheel

Re: Does not connect to wi-fi

Post by Raheel »

Hi Capzilla,

Really sorry to hear about this experience, I'd really like to get some more information from you and get in touch so we can ensure everything gets set up properly, and I'd also like to know more information on who you spoke to previously. Could you please contact our support team at [email protected] with more information? Please request me specifically and I'll be more than happy to get this resolved by getting a senior tech to look at your issue.
vsj2

Post by vsj2 »

I'm having a similar issue - WiFi signal in the camera was 72% and I was getting intermittent connectivity. Moved it closer to the WiFi source (92% signal strength now) and it has been rock solid. If your Amcrest pro is the same as mine, it has no external antenna. All my other WiFi cameras have antennas and work much better.

Update - just noticed you said it was sitting next to you router....sorry
Buttons5

Post by Buttons5 »

My camera was connected all day using wi-fi, but by the end of they day I tried and now it won't connect. I tried restarting my internet and unplugging the camera but it's not working. Any suggestions?
Ozarkarts

Post by Ozarkarts »

I had the same thing happen on my iPad app. It worked perfectly for several days and now suddenly it can't connect. I CAN still connect using my iPhone app and have no trouble viewing either of my two cameras. The iPad app appears to be buggy...
Ozarkarts

Post by Ozarkarts »

I couldn't connect last night at all on ether my iPhone or iPad.. I have no trouble connecting this morning however... I think their system went down last night and this stopped people from connecting. Just MY guess...
Hawkman47

Post by Hawkman47 »

My camera went down yesterday and I haven't been able to view it on my iPhone or ipad. Worked fine all day until Saturday afternoon. Unplugged camera and router and restarted. Still nothing. Anyone having similar issues and/or solutions?
Wenguangliu

Post by Wenguangliu »

Yes, I do have similar issue. It works 3 days, suddenly, my cell phone and iPad could not be able to connect camera through wifi. I tried many ways, including reset camera to factory default settings, reboot router, reboot cell phone.. none of works.

However, after overnight, my cell phone could re-connect camera again (I don't know why ) it must has some bugs for this camera.
Hawkman47

Post by Hawkman47 »

Does anyone know if the 1080P Pan/Tilt Wireless Camera can shut down when it gets cold?
superchargr

Post by superchargr »

So many users with the same issue I am having. Suddenly disconnects from wifi... I have a LAN cable that I plug into when the WIFI cuts out. then I use the ipconfig amcrest tool to search for it on the network which brings up both network connections (WIFI and WIRED)

maybe it's losing it's wifi signal?? like I mentioned it comes back online the moment i plug in the ethernet cable to it. strange...