Does not connect to wi-fi

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dndlnstr

Re: Does not connect to wi-fi

Post by Dndlnstr »

I had lots of problems too until I changed the security options on my router. I was able to activate the cameras over wired Ethernet, but nothing was working over wifi and I have great wifi! I was trying to configure two of the older 720p wifi cameras. My router was using WPA2[AES] as the security option. I now have enabled WPA[TPIK] too as a security option and it works. However, this reduces my max wifi rate to 55 Mbps, since I can't use the N band. But this is still fast.
Dndlnstr

Post by Dndlnstr »

I changed the security options and the cameras worked for a bit, but then the cameras kept dropping off. I disabled WPA2 completely, just allowed WPA. Now everything works great. I recall having this problem with getting a WII to work on my wifi a few years back. In any case problem solved! Just change your router's security options to WPA, reset your router and cameras, and it should all work.
maurosacchi

Post by maurosacchi »

I have the same problem. If I use AES the camera does not find the SSID at all. When I change to TPIK it works. But it is advertised as AES encryption... is there a fix for this?
traxem

Post by traxem »

Are the cameras set to static IP? If it's not, when the camera re-connects to Wifi, the router gives it a new IP address. That means that each time the camera connects to the router, its IP address could change. That might be the reason why you lose connection to the camera (since you don't have the right IP address).
elyaihu

Post by elyaihu »

Dndlnstr wrote:I changed the security options and the cameras worked for a bit, but then the cameras kept dropping off. I disabled WPA2 completely, just allowed WPA. Now everything works great. I recall having this problem with getting a WII to work on my wifi a few years back. In any case problem solved! Just change your router's security options to WPA, reset your router and cameras, and it should all work.
If this really is the problem with the camera's consistent functioning, then it is unacceptable in a security product. WPA2 is the security standard for wifi. The next post in this thread claims that the AES configuration in the SSID is the problem.

TKIP is not a good solution and I will return my new camera if Amcrest is unable to fix this problem.
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

Is changing the wireless security to WPA a confirmed fix to the Wi-Fi connection issues? Seems like a horrible solution.
julisjulis

Post by julisjulis »

I have the same problem, the camera is turned on, but wont connect. Is very disapointing to not be able to get Amcrest help. Mine lasted 2 months working (unstable). Now it just turns the red leds at night but is just a fake camera.

Any words from the amcrest support,? I dont think they know how to fix. And that is a firmware issue on the camera side.

Amcrest should provide to us with a new camera.
julisjulis

Post by julisjulis »

no answer from amcrest, SO SAD.

same issue here, the only way it works is with ethernet cable, which means something in the camera system is gone bad, some hardware related to the WIFI antena... if i have the camera working and suddenly i disconect the ethernet cable... the camera goes out and cant connect again until ethernet is pluged back in.

TOO EXpENSIVE wireles camera to have to be pluged in to an ethernet cable to work... very disapointed.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello julisjulis ,

Could you please give us a call? We would happy to look into this for you.

https://amcrest.com/contacts
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

lemmy999

Post by lemmy999 »

I am having the same problem. Suddenly both of my cameras will not connect to the wifi. I plug in an ethernet cable and I check everything and it looks fine. I go to "wifi" using the web interface (as I am connected with ethernet cable) and try to connect to my WiFI and it says "password error". I even disabled all encryption on my router so no password was needed. I then double click on the SSID on the Amcrest web interface and it gives me a "password error". If there is some solution found please post it.