Disabling Audio recording on NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dbitting

Disabling Audio recording on NVR

Post by dbitting »

Good Afternoon All,

I have over 29 NVR's installed these NVR NV5232 with several IP5M-T1179EW-28MM cameras. I have looked all over the settings in the NVR to turn off audio recording and yet when I playback recordings it has audio in the files.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Disabling Audio recording on NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

You have a little bit of work ahead of you then.

In your NVR's WebUI or in the NVR GUI you will need to go to Camera, Encoding, More Settings and turn of the Audio on each of the cameras that have Mic installed or Mic's built in. This will need to be done in both Main and Sub Channels and if you have cameras setup with a 2nd Sub Channel in that one as well. Most times only Main and Sub and in some systems it would turn off when you turn off the Main I can't say what it is on the NV5232 as I don't have that one in my lineup..
Screenshot (4170).png
Screenshot (4170).png (86.59 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:11 pm turn of the Audio on each of the cameras that have Mic installed or Mic's built in.
'Copy' settings wouldn't be easier? And shouldn't audio be 'off' be default?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Pogo you're right it would be easier to do a copy and I guess if the Op or readers have same camera on the NVR's doing a copy would work. I personally don't copy anything outside of the HDD options of setting all my Channels record type. So because I don't know if it would change all Encoding type to the same as well I figure maybe not a good idea to give that option. I mean I have some cameras that are 22FPS and others that I leave at 30, I have some that are 4960 bps and others that are h.265 that I have at 2048. Then I have others that are h.264h and others that are h.264. So I didn't want to say to someone to just copy it from the first channel they made the changes in to the rest as it might copy more than just the Audio being turned off and I don't see any option for just Audio in the copy settings?

About them being turned off? I personally don't know. I know that some of mine after being reset I infact had to turn them on. However some of mine are because the Mic Isn't built in and the Mic and Speaker are connected to RCA.. Then again I have also had some with RCA that I didn't turn on and it was already on. Like my Amcrest 850E PTZ camera, It has a audio in put that is wire pigtail and I didn't enable it when new or after a reset and the Camera was already enabled oddly.. So I am not sure that it is odd really. I was thinking maybe it was because the camera was on older FW. So I thought ok lets see what happens when I reset my 853E PTZ. It also has bare wire Audio in and out and not built in Mic. So I wanted to see what happens with that. Kind of a Pain because it is connected to POE NVR but I logged in anyway and Reset the camera back to Factory Default. This camera has the Newer FW on it and sure enough after a Reset to Factory it loaded back with Audio Auto Enabled..

Now I have some other Pro AI cameras that have built in Mic's and I believe I had to enable the Audio even on the one with the built in Mic. So I am not sure what or why one might need to be turned on and why others would have to be turned off.. I would reset one of the AI camera for testing but it is a pain to setup all the IVS and add back in my Custom Audio Alarms that it isn't a task I want to go testing with. 853 is just a PTZ and sure had to setup Presets and some other options again but that is no big Issue.

So yeah I wish there was just a Flip the toggle to turn on or off Audio system wide.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The 'copy' suggestion would only be applicable to same model cameras that shared other major settings and could be done selectively. On my new-to-me AMDV8M8-H5, 'off' is the default selection on all channels.

And I'd say anyone with over 29 NVRs to manage would be open to any and ALL options for easier ways to implement system wide modifications!

;)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes DVR mine was also turned off. Most times the DVR's are always setup that way as the Camera with Mic are rare. Then some systems used to be only function of installing a Mic for 1 channel (I do have one that is 16ch with 16 audio but old and was very costly) that you would have to setup to a port on the DVR it self. The DVR that your talking about however has some special features that can be turned on if the user has a MIC and that is because that DVR along with my 8m16-H5, 7108-AI has what is called Audio over Coax. Now our systems will do Video, Audio, and PTZ control over 1 cable. So yeah there are a few cameras for DVR's out there with Mic built in however most of them if option is there will have wire pigtail if at all. If your camera don't then the DVR does offer 1ch on the back of the DVR for adding audio.. There is even some more complex costly DVR's out there as well that will also do Power over Coax. I am not sure Amcrest has any of them yet as the Tech is very costly and cables are not the normal Rg-59 that most people are using for HD over Coax right now.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Let's not forget the newer XVRs that are not just for analog devices but that can also accommodate IP cameras -- most of which have onboard microphones these days whose video and audio are delivered to the DVR over the network, not coax cable.

As for camera cabling itself, particularly for higher resolution analog cameras, not to mention audio enabled, I just recently changed from a siamese coax cable to UTP (unshielded twisted pair) and baluns for one of my lower end cameras. No audio to test in this case, but the image difference is noticeably better..., as in surprisingly better..., like a different camera better. It's a little clunkier to deal with at each end, but not at all unmanagaeble and well worth the hassle IMHO.