Disable WebUI Timeout?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
buckyswider2

Disable WebUI Timeout?

Post by buckyswider2 »

Hi there, is there a way to disable the WebUI timeout for "Live" view? I want to set up a few monitors- none of which are direct connected / in the vicinity of / the NVR itself. However, after login, the display times out after a bit. Which of course is no good! I want to use Raspberry Pi units and have them set up to automagically start the web session upon startup/reboot. But the timeout is no good- especially since I don't want to have a keyboard or mouse.

thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Disable WebUI Timeout?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You would need to find a Camera that has Firmware from before 2019 set.. So any camera that has the 2018 or older FW can stay on the WebUI for a few days but does at some point.. In theory the camera will always work on Monitor as long as someone don't try to access a menu or change something even after a time out..

Might want to just setup the people with their own user name and password to have them log in. This would be better practice
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
buckyswider2

Post by buckyswider2 »

This is weird IMO. I do see that if I don't touch anything on the screen, the cameras will still all eventually time out in the WebUI.

HOWEVER- and this is what I've based my expectations of the webui in- I've been running "Tinycam Pro" on an android tablet for YEARS. And those connections just keep alive, and even recover after a camera's weekly maintenance reboot. Why can't a/the WebUI give me the same type of experience?

And as far as "people" go, that's not the use case at all- I want to set up a couple static stations around my house (one in my office, another in my barn) with the "always on, never touch" experience in a larger screen than a tablet.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I understand what your saying and sadly I am not sure moving to the Chrome JS type of FW has caused the cameras to turn off after a set time of not active use..

to be honest I don't like it much my self.. I know that my 2020 DVR from another company that I needed to support my 5mp TVI cameras will stay logged in for about 1 and 1/2 days before it goes offline.. Had I known the 7108 was going to come out or any others I would have bought them rather then buying the other DVR seeing they support my older TVI cameras.. I mean I did buy one but I would have bought 2 and been much happier seeing the one I do own is much better then my other even though it also has the Amcrest log out after 5 min of no active use..

Maybe they will add something in so it can stay connected longer in a new FW update in the future..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
buckyswider2

Post by buckyswider2 »

Sigh. Thanks for the insights James. Seems so close yet so far.

Maybe I'll experiment with an Android build on a Raspberry Pi and use Tinycam Pro there...
GAAHTH

Post by GAAHTH »

Yes, this touchy timeout is most annoying and this biggest detriment to the camera's utility. My 4MPs and 1080s can't stay connected over 5 minutes without mouse wiggles. Heard suggestion it is a "feature" of the browser to conserve memory on inactive tabs, but the timeouts occur even leaving it as the only tab open in (pick any chromium browser) and in focus. It really sucks frankly..don't want to use the app!. I like the suggestion of making it configurable by user. thanks for listening ...hopefully.