Corrupt Snapshot Images

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bryeartem

Corrupt Snapshot Images

Post by bryeartem »

I have a 2104E NVR with 4 IP2M-843E POE cameras.. when trying to use snapshot in any manner, whether through email or snapshot.cgi the bottom half of the image is corrupted. Lowering the quality of the image will make somewhat more of the image clear but the bottom of the image is always grey/green like an incomplete jpeg file. This happens to all 4 cameras. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
rljk

Re: Corrupt Snapshot Images

Post by rljk »

The only difference between my system and yours is I have the 2108E-HS NVR and I have the same problem with snapshots on all of my cameras. I did notice one odd thing though, snapshots taken at night (black and white) get "fully processed" and I see a complete image. Daytime snapshots however look just as you described. Thinking that might be a clue I changed my snapshot interval from 1-sec to 5-sec figuring fewer snapshots with more time for processing between images would yield better snapshots. Well it didn't work out that way, I still get incomplete images with no noticeable improvement.

There is a similar topic "Email alerts missing half of attached snapshot image" that seems to be about a year old but there aren't any solutions posted there.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

The corrupt snapshot has been around for a long time. From what I've seen, it's probably caused by a camera/NVR overload or a high snapshot resolution.
You could analyse it by reviewing everything that could be occurring at the same time at any time of day. That would include snapshots, video, emails, alarms, General or Motion Detection recordings, etc. Time of day load might explain your snapshot day/night differences.
You could also change your snapshot or video to a lower resolution, fps, and bit rate to see what happens.
rljk

Post by rljk »

Thanks for the response.

I'm in the process of experimenting with different camera settings to see what effect they have on video file size. My latest experiment involves reducing frame rate from 30 down to 20. I'll be sure to check the snapshots to see if the lower frame rate improves things.
rljk

Post by rljk »

The frame rate has been reduced from 30fps to 20fps, bit rate has been changed from CBR 4096 to VBR max 4096, and the snapshot quality has been changed from "5" to "3". None of this has improved the snapshots, I still do not get complete images on snapshots taken during the day.

It is starting to look like something other than processing load.