Connecting to a remote camera

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rfwest

Connecting to a remote camera

Post by rfwest »

I have 2 locations one having an Amcrest IP2M-841B camera the other having additional Amcrest cameras and an Amcrest NV2108-HS NVR connected via VPN

I have set up my phone with a couple of clicks
Using a desktop browser by going to it's IP using the VPN, logging in to connect and view the remote camera.
Ispy will connect to the remote just fine as well.
How do I get the NVR to see the remote camera when adding it by device search or manually?
rfwest

Re: Connecting to a remote camera

Post by rfwest »

I don't get it...
Why is this such a mystery or such a hassle.
I my phone from anywhere and PC using a browser can access this remote camera then the NVR should as well.
I might as well just scrap the NVR and set up another desktop running ASP which connects to the remote and local camera just fine.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Any camera being added to NVR by Search or Manual must be on the same network segment as NVR (Revo, correct me if I am wrong). 
But you may be able to set up your VPNs somehow to make it look like the remote camera and NVR are on the same network segment.  I don't use VPNs.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't want to say it can't be done. I was told by Amcrest some time ago they don't support the idea and recorders and cameras need to be on the same Network..

But yes a Camera and NVR will need to be on the same Network Range. Like if your home IP is 10.0.32.1 then your cameras and NVR needs to be in that range as well like 10.0.32.122 for the NVR and 10.0.32.123 or anything in the 10.0.32.x range as long as it is in the Router pool range as some only handle 100 IP's if you get my meaning..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Maybe you need a Site to Site VPN or something similar.
Here's a quote from a page called VPN Primer for Noobs:

"Site to Site VPN or Remote Client VPN? Typically you want to setup a remote client VPN unless you want to permanently bridge two networks so no clients are required on them.. for example if you have a vacation property you may want to setup a Site to Site VPN to your vacation property then use a Remote Client VPN into your home LAN.. then your remote VPN connection can access both video surveillance systems on the same network and both networks are directly connected."
patric

Post by patric »

jack7 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:21 pm
"if you have a vacation property you may want to setup a Site to Site VPN to your vacation property then use a Remote Client VPN into your home LAN.. then your remote VPN connection can access both video surveillance systems on the same network and both networks are directly connected."
I could really use something like that. Having local and remote cameras displayed on the same screen would really be a plus.
Could you elaborate further for those of us non-VPN savvy?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

patric, you wrote:
"Having local and remote cameras displayed on the same screen would really be a plus."
You can do that with Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) on a PC.  Add local devices to ASP using IP address.  Add remote Amcrest devices by using P2P(device serial #).  Be sure to enable P2P in camera.

"Could you elaborate further for those of us non-VPN savvy?"
No, I would have to research site to site VPN.