connect poe cams via multiple switches?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dan98svt

connect poe cams via multiple switches?

Post by dan98svt »

I have a non-POE Amcrest 4K NV4216 and will have POE cameras spread out over the property. 4 cameras on/in front garage, 2 cams in/on back garage, 1 on shed and the rest on the house. Instead of running 10-16 quite long cable runs, can I just use multiple (and various) POE switches and the NVR will recognize all the cams? I have all on one switch now, but new property is much bigger and I don't have enough cable to run each cam from one switch...

Thank you

v/r

Dan
lsiunsuex

Re: connect poe cams via multiple switches?

Post by lsiunsuex »

This shouldn't have anything to do with the NVR and more to do with basic networking. There's multiple ways to connect n+1 switches together (PoE or not) but make sure all of your switches go into the same main switch. They should then all pass down the same ip address range and the NVR should see them just fine.

Ideally, its Router > Switch > multiple PoE switches > Cameras on each switch

You want all the sub switches to be plugged into the main switch (again, ideally) not 1 switch into another into another.