configuring cameras with NVR4108E

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jblgoes123

configuring cameras with NVR4108E

Post by jblgoes123 »

I had an older PoE NVR fail, and I recently replaced it with an Amcrest NVR4108E-A2. It is running latest firmware, V4.000.00AC001.0, Build Date: 2021-09-15.

I have 8 cameras that are all ONVIF compatible. When I first set it up, I configured all my cameras and was mostly happy. But I kept getting "Config File Error" messages when bringing up any of the configuration screens, and cameras would randomly disconnect requiring a reboot to solve. The error they'd show is "login return time is up". I figured this could be due to a corrupted config file or something, so I did a factory reset on the NVR. Unfortunately, this has made it worse. The Config File Error messages are gone, but I still have the "login return time is up" errors. Additionally, one camera in particular won't connect at all again and gives an error "Service returned message error". The cameras all show up in the interface when I use a TV with an HDMI cable, but when I use my PC and a web interface, the cameras page is blank.

I would like to go into the web interface for each camera to check out their settings, but I can't get any of the cameras to come up via HTTP. My LAN is 192.168.2.x. The NVR has an internal address of 192.168.3.1, and the cameras have static internal addresses of 192.168.3.11 to 192.168.3.18. My computer has a static route added to refer to the NVR's 192.168.2.x address to get to 192.168.3.x. But I cannot get any of the cameras' HTTP interfaces to come up on my PC.

So for my question...
Does the Amcrest NVR forward TCP/IP traffic? How can you connect to and configure your cameras if they're only connected through the NVR's PoE?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: configuring cameras with NVR4108E

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I will try to help as best as I think I understand the issue..

First I don't have the A2, So I am not sure what it has when it comes to Virtual Host... However if I am understanding what your saying is that you have your cameras connected to your NVR's POE switch.. if you look at the NVR's GUI, click on Network, in there I am going to guess that it is like all my other POE NVR's where there will be a Tab that says Switch.. Most times on all my devices anyway it will be setup with 10.1.1.1 and that means it normally hands out by design 10.1.1.65 and up even going to 128 for a camera that might have already been once connected to a different PORT..

So what is needed is that in the network area (For some of my NVR's ) I have what is called Virtual Host and will require me to enable it. THis is normally on the normal network page. Once it is enabled if not already setup like some of my others ones by default

You will need to log into the NVR's WebUI. This will need to be done with your Computer at times on the same Format as the NVR is setup. So if the NVR is setup for 1080P and the monitor your trying to connect with is only 1024 there could be some display issues.. However most times it won't matter (So might be what your talking about with Black Screen?)

However if you are talking about showing a black screen about the cameras Live View then that is a different issue that I will get to below...

If you are able to connect to the NVR's WebUI. Then you will want to go to Cameras, Then it should have an area below the search box area that shows your connected cameras. In the ones that are connected on POE if you Click on the e or the Browser ICON however it is setup in your NVR in all mine is with an e.. When you click that E it will give you a new Window with a PORT following your normal NVR IP address. So for me it looks like this

http ://10.0.0.225:10080 and it will come up with the log in screen for the camera I am trying to connect to. If you click on the e of one that is on your normal network range then it will just open a tab with that normal IP and ready to log in.. So ones that are connected to your NVR's port should be followed by your NVR's IP with a port #... (NOTE: If you area using Chrome 10080 port will come up as bad and Blocked in Chrome) So in that case if you have more then 1 camera connected you will want to first press the e of a camera you don't want to access right now that is connected to your POE NVR that will bring up the Blocked PORT, Then click on the one you want to really access and it will open 10081 and so on...

Now if your having some issues with your NVR and black screens or when you are connected to your WebUI using Chrome or Edge, and it keeps changing to Sub Channel that is because your system is setup to use h.265 and Connection is to slow so it switches to sub for best speed. This might result in Black windows rather than a picture of the feed.. YOu will want to make sure that you turn off h.265 for any camera that don't have the ability to run at that encoding and change to h.264h if able to...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is one of my Zoom Hikvision OEM cameras. Because of the area this is stationed I have it zoomed all the way in so the scene isn't what it normally is looking at..

In one of the pictures you can see it is broken link for picture this is using chrome

second picture shows the camera using IE and picture is there. Maybe the camera you trying to view isn't able to run in the Browser type your running also?

Just an idea.
Screenshot (3906).png
Screenshot (3906).png (30.02 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
Screenshot (3907).png
Screenshot (3907).png (622.83 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
Be Safe
jblgoes123

Post by jblgoes123 »

I can't get the cameras page to load when using the computer. I can use the HDMI to set up the cameras, but the attached is what I see when I use my computer. If I click "Refresh" it says "Config File Error" so I guess my factory reset didn't solve that problem.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (44.33 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, Going to need some more data. First of all Auto to h.265 is bad idea in general right now unless you have all new 2021 or newer 5mp to 8mp cameras. Anything that is not 100% h.265 and you being setup to auto such encoding is design for failure.

Next your NVR says your using 192.168.2.x and in your post thought you were saying you had it setup for out of your network with 192.168.3.x? If your cameras are on a different network then your NVR. Your NVR will not find it unless it is on the NVR's Switch.

IF your talking about setting up your switch on the NVR to be that then the cameras that you connect to the NVR should be Dahua or Amcrest. Anything outside of that or Lorex will need to be setup on the NVR over the normal IP, Setup on the camera for DHCP, then setup on the NVR over your normal Port side. Once it is setup you can then take the camera and plug into the NVR PORT. IT will say that it is in use do you want to take it and pick yes and then the camera will come online.. If they are Axis cameras of high MP there could be an issue where it kills all the cameras connected just to connect the 1 camera so without some changes to the normal Axis config so it don't treat the Amcrest NVR wild you might want to not mess with Axis right now.. Unless you have it already setup for an AMcrest NVR from old NVR..
Screenshot (3908).png
Screenshot (3908).png (137.84 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
Be Safe
jblgoes123

Post by jblgoes123 »

For H.265, that box doesn't seem to matter if it's checked or not checked. Nothing comes up on the screen.

For the network architecture:
The cameras connect to the PoE ports of the NVR, and are 192.168.3.11 to 192.168.3.18.
The NVR's internal address is 192.168.3.1 and its external address is 192.168.2.120.
My wireless router is 192.168.2.1. The router serves DHCP addresses .10 to .90.
My PC is 192.168.2.x (DHCP), and has a static route added via the command prompt - "route -p add 192.168.3.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.120"

If I try to ping 192.168.3.1, the NVR responds. Are you saying I cannot use this architecture? How should this ideally be set up?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The switch ip of the nvr is port only no access from front side without a pass through. Once a camera is connected it can only be accessed using nvr over webui. Cameras connected to poe ports don't normally require anything to work outside of maybe changing password info
Be Safe
jblgoes123

Post by jblgoes123 »

Based on that information, I'll need to reevaluate my troubleshoot strategy. I'll grab a separate PoE switch to see if I can get the cameras to come up on their own and mess with their configuration in the web interface.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My picture above don't look like your NVR's WebUI Camera page?. If you click the e next to the cameras in my list that has the IP of 10.10.10.x it will open a new tab with 10.0.0.225:10080 where I can access the cameras WebUI

In this picture you can see the Web Service in the first tab, That is the NVR's WebUI. From there I clicked the e next to my 853 camera and this is the Motion Detection window in the Cameras WebUI. and you can see that it is at 10.0.0.225:10080 and that isn't the IP for that camera but that is how I can access my POE cameras that are on the NVR's POE Ports..
Screenshot (3909).png
Screenshot (3909).png (142.32 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So while this one isn't a POE NVR I am not sure why it offers the Virtual Host option! However your Network area don't have anything that says Virtual Host like this picture. Only one I have local right now with the option in V4 FW..
Screenshot (3911).png
Screenshot (3911).png (66.9 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
Be Safe