Configuration issue with NV4432E

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Tivonut

Configuration issue with NV4432E

Post by Tivonut »

I have a new NV4432E and using IP8M-2493E cameras with it. I'm new to Amcrest so learning the equipment as I go. I am a very experienced network/IT guy.

The internal 16 port network switch is defined on its own private subnet 10.1.1.X. Cameras in DHCP mode, when attached start getting assigned 10.1.1.128 and up it appears. It appears there is no way to change the DHCP pool, or assign DHCP reservations for specific cameras and IP addresses.

I decided to attach a camera to my laptop first and set it to a static address of 10.1.1.2 and also change the admin default password. I did so and saved the config, restarted the camera still attached to my laptop and verified it was at the 10.1.1.2 address. However, when I moved it and plugged it in to the NVR (port 1) it switched to IP 10.1.1.65. I moved it back to my laptop and sure enough, it's now at .65 instead of .2. Further testing finds that if I plug camera in to, say, port 3 it assumes a static IP of 10.1.1.67, port 4, 68, and so on. So attaching it to the NVR in static configuration, it somehow changes the IP address of the camera, even if it doesn't have the camera's password. This seems to be a problem to me, although now that I know about it I can work with it. But seems to me the system should follow basic rules of IP numbering and not force changes. None of these "features" seem to be documented anywhere.

Also, when using this model camera, who should I specify as the manufacturer when setting it up in the NVR? It defaults to private and oddly, Amcrest is not a choice.

Trying to get a feel for how this all goes together but running into a bit of a learning curve.