Channel is already in use. Replace with camera connected to POE port 1

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
CyberNerdz

Channel is already in use. Replace with camera connected to POE port 1

Post by CyberNerdz »

I'm getting an error window that comes once in a while on my Amcrest NV4116E PoE NVR 16CH

"Channel is already in use. Replace with camera connected to POE port 1 ?"

All else is working.

Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Channel is already in use. Replace with camera connected to POE port 1

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Last thing any one wants to do is a Factory Reset... But most often then not that will be the First thing instructed to do.

So with that said..

Is this an issue with Ch7 trying to use camera 1? I ask because it looks like Ch7 is empty..

So here is what I would do. While I am not a Amcrest Employee or even know what your issue is. I am going to give a few things that I would do if this was my Setup!

Setup all 16 cameras with Static IPs with respect to Ch #. Like in my case. 10.0.0.121(ch1), 10.0.0.122(ch2), 10.0.0.123(ch3) and so on.
Make sure there is no other items on the Network with said IP's

I see all ch's are recording. While this may or may not be related. I did have an issue with one of my DVR's when I had a HDD fail. While I couldn't understand why CH1 went out (No Picture) in my case... I did some testing and found camera was good. HDD was bad. Replaced the HDD and there hasn't been an issue with CH1 since... So maybe check the HDD and see if it is having an issue. While my DVR is over 9 years old 7 years of service. HDD can and do fail.

Other then that I am not sure what the issue is or why the message! Maybe someone with same NVR may have had same problem and what they did to fix it...

Issue might be enough that contacting Support maybe the best way to solve this. Please be sure to post back on what the problem was and what you did to fix it so others that may have this problem can try same thing. Good Luck

James
Be Safe.