Channel blacked out on NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
pipes

Channel blacked out on NVR

Post by pipes »

Hello all- So I have a customer that I installed 16 cameras for with a NVR all amcrest a few years ago. The NVR has 16 POE ports and can do 32 cameras on the software. So, I added a few more for him and for some reason one of the new channels is blacked out on the screen, but works fine viewing all the cameras remotely via the app. Any ideas why this is happening?? As always you guys rock and thanks in advance!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Channel blacked out on NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would have them double check to see if the camera is setup on H.265. If it is have them drop it to H.264h if it has it or H.264 and see if that cures the issue. Next is to check that the camera if it isn't Amcrest or another Dahua camera. make sure that the camera has the Sub Channel turned on. I guess maybe even if it was Dahua or Amcrest make sure they are turned on as well. However most times new out of box they are enabled however in other brands there are some that only come with main channel enabled and sub channel would need to be turned on. They could confirm this is the type of issue by clicking the top of the channel in the NVR and change from M to S in view type for it while in Grid view. if it works in M it could be again related to H.265 however also could be that the Sub channel is off..
Be Safe.