Caution on Display issues.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Caution on Display issues.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I had a friend reach out to me and ask if I would be willing to help him find out why his system was not working. Seeing he has a 4116E-HS and so do I with many others I thought I would be able to make mine do the same if there was an issue. I tried so many different things. I had 16ch on mine he only had 6 so I thought ok well maybe it was because I have all my Ch filled and he don't..

So I asked him to tell me how he had his setup. I did same thing and after a few times trying to get it to fail and have the same issue that his did I was not having any luck.

So I logged into his system on AVP, ASP and even setup a direct connection to his NVR and sure enough.. So I reboot and I enable disable and reboot and still his don't want to come up. So he had to run to the store before they closed and I kept working on trying to get mine to act like his. About 10 min before he returned while being gone for almost 2 hours I got mine to Hang..

So what did I do. While I am not 100% as I have tried a few times again since and I was able to get it to hang only 1 more time. So I know his was hung. Mine was and I was able to fix it (Won't lie first time I Reset it lOL) That was because I was trying everything over WebUI and not back in GUI again.. So the second time just now I setup my NVR, added 6 cameras, I setup for 4ch Grid on my GUI, I then logged into the NVR's WebUI. I went to Dispaly and enabled the display again. and it was offline.

So to make it come back online just use the GUI lol. I mean I was on his WebUI, I reboot and enable I click Grid view to see his was still off I was not having any luck and so I was doing mine the same way. However after I was able to get it to do it the second time I went to my Zero Channel, I then thought ok lets see seeing I am at the NVR on Screen lets see what happens if I Disable and Re-Enable from the GUI and sure enough it came back to life with all installed cameras online.

So here is the Combo where I can make this happen. I have not tried it on any of my other NVR's or even my other DVR's as I have spent to much time on this already and thought I would just share it and get it out there... I do know I can repeat it on my older 7204 CVI DVR as well.. SO I am guessing it isn't just 4.0 related. With channels setup and then changed in area of for your needs VIA Sequence. Then load 1-4 on screen, Then main menu, display and disable the screen. Your GUI will display Decode not Enabled. Then from the WebUI Log in, Reboot wait for system to come back online, Log back into the NVR's WebUI, Then re-enable the Screen. At this time you will notice the cameras come online however as you can see in the pictures 3 of them are black screens without the Amcrest Logo.. You can Reboot and disable and re-anable all you want from WebUI and it will not come back online only way to get it to come back up is using the GUI of the NVR. Or a System Reset

Just thought I would pass this along so others don't think they have a bad system when it isn't.

WebUI using Zero Channel for Grid view to show
Screenshot (3688).png
Screenshot (3688).png (168.08 KiB) Viewed 353 times
NVR's GUI View
Screenshot (3689).png
Screenshot (3689).png (190.89 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe