Cat6 wire

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

Cat6 wire

Post by zplugger »

What type of cat6 wire for Poe cameras, shielded or non shielded?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cat6 wire

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Anything that isn't CCA would work. However depends on your install. IF you are going outdoors then Shielded with the right connectors on each end is good practice.
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Running between buildings with PVC pipe about 40 feet.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure of the area you live in or the types of weather you have. I just know that there are some weather that is worse then others and in most cases for me and the areas I live in Shielded cable with good Grounds area needed with protection at both ends. While this might be extreme for some. It might be not good enough for others. I am not sure where or who now as it was some years ago. But I remember even seeing someone that had made a video talking about the damage to hardware in Garage from not having the cables installed correct for the location they were in. Even with the cable buried, there are areas where it can be exposed either enter or exit of the buildings and don't need much exposed to be an issue.

As I said for me however I like to go over board on protection then have to worry about damage. I have suffered some damage myself so learned that doing a 80% isn't good enough so now I do things little more then needed just to make sure if something goes wrong it wasn't because of something I slacked on.
Be Safe.