Cannot setup new NV4108-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mt100

Cannot setup new NV4108-HS

Post by mt100 »

Tried setting up the new NVR today with no success.

Plugged it into the network, started it up, and then used the Amcrest IP Config tool to get the IP address but it never found it.

Used an IP scanner and found that it had an IP address but it wasn't in the same subnet (Mine is 192.168.0.0/24 and it was in 192.168.1.0/24). Setup my computer to have a static IP in that same subnet and the computer and NVR were the only connected devices on the switch, and not able to connect to it.

Aren't they supposed to have DHCP on by default and get an IP from the router?

I also tried an HDMI connection and VGA connection and nothing but a black monitor. DOA or something I am missing?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cannot setup new NV4108-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well if you found a IP then I can tell you that it isn't a DOA machine.

IT is hard to say but if it is NEW then I would contact Amcrest on Monday if it is dead and see what they can do...

It is kind of strange that it is acting up. I do know that some machines with the Display at an out of range display setting it will just be a Black Screen.. Normally it could be changed using a D-Sub however if that was setup above the range of monitor your using that again could be a Black Screen..

So something to try.
Bring up IP config tool. Click on the search setting icon at the top, Then add in the range and admin admin for the device, THen have it search again. This time should find the Device it would have a Green line infront of NVR, that should be the NVR. Click on the Lock icon, It should come up again in that window, click Reset..

Then after the Reset Password was done and may or may not have worked not sure... However lets try the Wrench, and screwdriver, then click on Restore and see if your able to do a Restore.. This could put the Device back into a 1024 setting for a monitor to be connected to it

About having a DHCP I have seen some that have it enabled and some that don't. If this is new to you from Amazon it might have been Pre Owned and not reset back to Factory.. ,

Doing the Reset it will ask you for some things.. With in the IP config tool you can log into the device from there and change password maybe try and do the change before a Reset, all that is in the IP TOOLs,

Here is one thing, It could be as I said if it came from Amazon or Ebay it might have been sold as new but was used once, Again out of Range on the NVR so could be 1, then the WebUI you can't log in maybe because the other owner used Port Forwarding and without knowing the PORT to use you can't connect 2...

These are Ideas sadly I can't say they are the best but somethings to try...

Welcome to the Forum..
Be Safe.
mt100

Re: Cannot setup new NV4108-HS

Post by mt100 »

Problem solved. I sent the unit back to Amazon and exchanged for another one.

Noticed differences out of the box. First, serial number sticker on top of the unit that the first one didn't have, second there were no extra screws, just the four needed for the hard drive install, and last that it works.

When booting this one up it beeps during the process like a computer does after BIOS post, the other one didn't do that. Shortly after it will be visible on the network and I can connect to it. Updated to the latest firmware and everything looks good. Will be installing cameras soon.