Cannot Add AD410 to 2108 NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Micky

Cannot Add AD410 to 2108 NVR

Post by Micky »

Hi.
I gotta admit I am a relatively new Amcrest user, so please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question or am not posting in an appropriate area.

I have an AD410 doorbell camera that is working in Smart Home, but I cannot seem to get it working with my 2108E-HS box.
I have 2 other Reolink cameras (PoE) working with power injectors (not plugged into the box directly...) and those seem to be working as anticipated. When my wiring is finished I hope to plug them into the back of the 2108.

What can I do to get the AD410 working with the 2108?

Micky
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Add AD410 to 2108 NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So what is important is that you make sure that Wifi IP address is in the Same Range as your NVR.. From the front side of the NVR your IP would be something along the lines of your computer IP normally.. So say it is 192.168.1.14 for your computer then your AD410 if on the same Router should be something like 192.168.1.30 lets say. Then you can add the camera just like you would any other Amcrest camera. Best to use the Device Search in the NVR to find it and it will give you the right setup for it because it will be different then your Reolink cameras.. Say it is going to be added to the 4th slot of the NVR. Then it would show the IP of the Cameras, 37777 for the Port for the connection to the camera and it would say type Private where for your Reolink they would be ONVIF and most likely port 80 and 554 for RSTP port..

ON your NVR there is also a Range for the Back side most likely as all mine came with 10.1.1.1 as the gateway and hands out 10.1.1.65 as the starting IP normally.. Your not going to be able to connect to that Range without some intervention and personally I would just keep it on the Front Side IP unless your Front side was like my last FW for my 4108E where the Audio didn't work on the front side..
Be Safe.
Micky

Post by Micky »

So I finally got the doorbell cam to work. I clicked on something on the NVR web app and I got it to display. I think I right-clicked something on the cam, I am so sorry I cannot recall exactly what it was.

As a retired Sys Admin, I think I am comfortable with trying to get the PoE ports on the back to work. I am familiar with Network Address Translation (NAT) so I feel I should at least try to get things plugged into the back to make life simpler for the next family that moves in here. Do you have any tips for such a move (to eliminate the power injectors) that I should try? Things like setting a static address on the cameras first?

I really like the Reolink cameras, although I got one that died after a few hours today. Sux that I have to send it back, but the others are rather straightforward, even though each model seemingly takes a different micro SD card...

Thanks for your reply, I thouhgt my situatin would be a rather strange one that many people would not be familiar with, but I was wrong. Again, thank you for the quick reply and for taking the time to send a detailed reply.

Micky
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I am not sure about your Reolink Cameras as I am going to guess they will need to be setup to the IP of the NVR before they will work.. Normally the NVR's come standard with an address like 10.1.1.xx and I can tell you that any time I have plugged any of my Amcrest POE cameras into my NVR even while they are setup with a Static IP the camera changes to the right range.. However I have some Hikvision IP cameras as well These cameras require me to Set them up to the right IP range and I normally do it in 10.1.1.90 and up for that type of setup where the NVR starts and hands out IP's normally at 10.1.1.65..

Power Injectors? for POE cameras or asking about POE Splitters for cameras that are non POE but connected to POE power?
Be Safe.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Micky,

If you can remember what you clicked on or maybe shoot me a screen capture of where you were in the web app I’d appreciate it. Having same ish issue with different NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok I don't know all the Devices out there but here is something you might want to look at.. First if your NVR is only able to run 4mp it might be that the Camera won't work in your NVR seeing my 4216E-AI NVR that is a 4K NVR is reporting this camera as a 5mp and that could be an issue.. From my NVR Says 2560x1920 (5M) SO while I can't say for sure I just know it is only showing that option as it started with and another that is 1440x1080...

So doing the math the camera is running little under 5mp in the setting mine started in and with the 1440x1080 that is running just under 2mp at 1.9xxx so it might be that the camera encoding is to high at the normal HD settings...
Be Safe.
Micky

Post by Micky »

Ok, @Mercury I wish I could remember, I was trying so many different things I am afraid I just can't narrow it down. I believe it was a collection of things, password, ports etc. Maybe you could detail the struggle you are having and list the equipment you are using. I know I would try to help, this place is a very welcoming forum thanks to @Revo2Maxx .

What seems funny to me is that the web UI can seemingly handle the higher resolutions (main stream) while the PC or Mac app does better displaying sub streams.