Can't View All 8 NVR Channels on Screen at Once

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Z-Man

Can't View All 8 NVR Channels on Screen at Once

Post by Z-Man »

I'm trying to view the 8 channels on the monitor that is directly connected to the NV4108E-HS. Usually 2 of the channels are black. And the black channels vary from day to day. I can view them all at once remotely on a remote PC via a web browser or Surveillance Pro or even on the iPhone app. But on the monitor, it's a negative--no matter what I do. It's the same whether I set it up in a tour or just sitting on the screen. I saw a YouTube video where the guy said it's because the NVR doesn't have enough resources to display all 8 channels in 4K. But I don't even have 4K cameras yet.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
James.S

Re: Can't View All 8 NVR Channels on Screen at Once

Post by James.S »

Z-Man,

Please tell me, the model of your devices, you have on the NVR. Also, this is also a common cause of this issue, The NVR will have limited resources it can display will run out depending upon the devices you have connected to it.
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

Thanks James.
I have 8 cameras total:
- 1 IP2M-841B (running H264, 720P at 25 fps, 1024 kb/s)
- 1 IP2M-851B (running H264, 1080P at 20 fps, 2048 kb/s)
- 4 IP2M-851E (running H264, 1080P at 20 fps, 4096 kb/s)
- 2 IP5M-1176E (running H264, 5MP at 20 fps, 8192 kb/s)
James.S

Post by James.S »

Z-Man wrote:Thanks James.
I have 8 cameras total:
- 1 IP2M-841B (running H264, 720P at 25 fps, 1024 kb/s)
- 1 IP2M-851B (running H264, 1080P at 20 fps, 2048 kb/s)
- 4 IP2M-851E (running H264, 1080P at 20 fps, 4096 kb/s)
- 2 IP5M-1176E (running H264, 5MP at 20 fps, 8192 kb/s)

Thank you for sending me this information, off the top of my head I'm not seeing a direct issue. Please Reach out to us via a call or Email. ([email protected]) OR (888.212.7538) so we can further investigate why you're having these blank screens.
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

Problem solved.
I revisited this issue after watching a review on YouTube and the guy was complaining about the same thing. He kept saying the unit does not handle 8 channels well and people shouldn't fill all 8 channels since the unit won't display all 8 channels on a screen connected to the NVR. Blah. Blah. Blah.

I have no issue with the unit since it records all 8 channels 24/7 fine. It just could not display all 8 channels on the screen connected to it. Interestingly enough, it displayed all 8 channels fine on the PC (whether in a browser or Surveillance Pro).

Anyway, the problem was I didn't have substreams enabled on any of the cameras. So the NVR was trying to display 8 HD and UHD channels on a single display all within 8 seconds (Tour time refresh). After I enabled the substreams, BAM. All 8 channels show up on the screen.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome Glad you found out the problem...

Sadly I seen that when I am loading in my cameras on ASP if I use over the 4 ch that it defaults to the more ch display puts in the Sub streams.. I didn't like that and you can change them in the display as full streams however it will Tax the CPU more then just letting them run in Sub...

Sadly I didn't see the Post as I would have brought up the steams as an idea... I found this out when I was trying to test some OVER posting of logs and turned off the Sub Stream on one of my 841's when I tried to load in ASP with it off it wouldn't load yet day before it did without problems. After thinking what did I change. Only thing was Stream disabled.. Went back turn it on loaded ASP and in the window I was going to load before it came up just as you said was sub steam so I changed that to full... However sadly if it don't load there is no option to change the stream from sub or full your just SOL lol...

Thanks for posting back finding the Cause for others that may have same issue and want to try and get help without waiting for it...
Be Safe.
Bugeyz

Post by Bugeyz »

I have the same issue on my 16 channel NVR. You stated: "Anyway, the problem was I didn't have substreams enabled on any of the cameras. So the NVR was trying to display 8 HD and UHD channels on a single display all within 8 seconds (Tour time refresh). After I enabled the substreams, BAM. All 8 channels show up on the screen."

Where do you set the substreams. I looked and could not find anything on it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The problem is if you are able to view because they are enabled now.. If you go in and change the Res or encoding of each camera if it can be some can some can't... Then it might take your NVR out of the Scope of LIVE VIEW... You can look at the data sheet for your NVR and will state what Live view can see.. Over Web software or apps at times will be fine it is normally an issue of view out of Monitor off DVR/NVR

However to your Question...

WebUI, Setup, Camera Encoding or Configuration... There will be a Main stream and Extra or Sub stream area. Then there could be a second Extra stream depending on your system and cameras...
Be Safe.