Can't see camera on Amcrest NVR (NV4108E-A2) web interface - live view

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
adi12

Can't see camera on Amcrest NVR (NV4108E-A2) web interface - live view

Post by adi12 »

I have the Amcrest NVR (NV4108E-A2) and an Anpviz IPC-D3240W-S camera connected to it. I can see the footage from the camera when I connected the NVR to a monitor via HDMI but I can't see it on the web interface. The camera is configured to ONVIF manufacturer. I keep getting 'Config File Error' on the web interface of the NVR.
How do I get the camera in the live view of the Web interface of the NVR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't see camera on Amcrest NVR (NV4108E-A2) web interface - live view

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

If you are asking how to connect to the Cameras WebUI once it is connected to the NVR's POE port then the short answer is it will need to move to a POE switch, or Network cable and 12v power to gain access to the camera.

Normally with Amcrest or Dahua type cameras connected to the NVR it will be on a Private mode and a Port Number.. Then when you want to connect to it, you would use the IP for NVR, CLick on Camera, click on the e next to the camera that is connected it will bring up a new tab with the IP of the NVR and a larger Port number like in my case it starts with 10080...
Be Safe.
adi12

Post by adi12 »

Thank you for your reply
I wanted to find the reason why my NVR is not showing any cameras on its web interface(Logging into NVR's IP). I can see the camera view when the nvr is connected to a monitor via HDMI. But I can't seem to see any camera after logging into the NVR web interface.

I suspect it's because of the 'config file error' whenever I refresh the camera list. Can you please tell me how I can fix that?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I presume you are referring to 'Live View' on the NVR? How are you logging in to the NVR and with what browser? (Microsoft Edge in IE mode is required for 'Live View'.)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Out of all the NVR's I own, (At this time don't own a A2) however any of the others that I do own and use I have not had that type of Config File error message so that is something new to me.. So on one of my Recorders I do have a Encryption key that I need to use to view my LIve view and or using the Mobile phone app. I am not sure if that NVR has the feature or not. But the option most likely would have been offered at setup. Could have been a box that you needed to check and then enter a code. So from the GUI (Using HDMI) I would look through the security pages and see if there is an Encryption setup.

Other then that, Your NVR might be setup for Auto H.265 and your cameras are working in a format that maybe some of them don't want to work, it could be the Encoding issue.

Personally I would turn off the Auto H.265 if it is on, I would then setup all the camera to H.264h if they have that option, If not I would setup to H.264 and turn on different ones to h.265 one at a time.
Be Safe.