Can't Get ASH47 Active on NVR4108-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

Can't Get ASH47 Active on NVR4108-HS

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have an NVR4108-HS that all of my cameras, including an AD110, record to and playback from. But, I just installed an ASH47 on my network and I can't get it active on the NVR. It shows up in ASP and in Smart Home. It shows up in the NVR, but the status dot is red while the other cameras show as green. I have tried search and it finds the ASH and it can be added to the list of devices, with the red status dot. I have manually added it with the same results, it is in the list of devices but with a red status dot. I would very much appreciate any advice.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't Get ASH47 Active on NVR4108-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I guess the question is how do you have it connected? Is it Ethernet or over Wifi?

So for ASP are you using P2P or you using IP?

In the NVR showing up in a Auto Search and adding it would be the best bet. Normally if the camera isn't with the same Password it will not change from orange/red to green until you put in the correct password. Even if your 2 devices have the same Password, If it don't go in the NVR as it should normally then make sure to input the cameras password in the settings for the camera of the NVR (Where the red dot is)

When you are local to the camera and camera IP has a good IP within the range of the NVR there should be no reason it won't add into a Amcrest DVR/NVR using the normal amcrest method of adding IP cameras... On mine here one with the Red Dot is one of my cameras from my Hikvision POE NVR that I put on with bad IP as it won't load using that IP on my NVR because it is out of Range. Good user and password but the IP isn't within the NVR's ability to pull in even though it is on my Switch. The one with the Red line around it is my ASH47 and this NVR is a 4108E-HS and is the same as the 4108-HS just has POE ports on the back..
Screenshot (4190).png
Screenshot (4190).png (113.87 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for the reply.

The ASH47 is connected via wifi. I am using IP.

On the Amcrest support site there is step by step instructions on adding a camera to the NVR. Everything goes just like the instructions except when entering a password. The instructions show a "connect" window next to the password window. There is no "connect" window on my screen, but when I click "Save" a message flashes at the top of the screen that says, "operation successful", but the status dot stays red. I guess I should double check the password.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

From the sounds of it, your using the NVR's WebUI to add the camera. In this case the NVR will not use the normal password as it would when you use the GUI.. I only have 1 NVR that will work right when using WebUI for the NVR. That is my Dahua and I am not sure it really works right either because when I add the cameras over GUI I have to put in the password all the time when adding from the Grid view Camera area works right normally. WebUI always seems to connect with the current password.

However with that said on the Amcrest NVR's I have found that even making a connection to a Camera with the same Password as the NVR the NVR chokes and tries to use the admin admin default setup.. It is like when setting up a POE camera on the NVR it only wants to use admin admin even if I have the right (Same) password as my NVR if it has never been added to the NVR before it will login or try to with admin admin.

Also the picture from the Web my guess is that would be of the GUI adding of the camera not using the WebUI of the NVR as my NVRs don't have a connect button on the WebUI..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Picture of my 4108E-HS NVR with 4.0 FW installed.
Screenshot (4192).png
Screenshot (4192).png (114.15 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
Be Safe
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I guess by "WebUI" you mean entering the NVR's IP address into a browser's address window. That is what I have been doing because when I try to open the NVR as an APP, it says the NVR already running.

Regards, Jim
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Try it from a console login directly.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

How do I do that? When I try to open the NVR app, it gives a message that says the app is already running.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Here is the latest info. The ASH47 is showing as offline in ASP live view! When I use the "pencil" to re-enter the password, it says user name or password is not valid. I am 100% sure the password is correct. I even went to the trouble of changing the password in Smart Home. The user name I use is admin. Is there a way to change the user name?

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Latest info. I did a hard factory reset of the camera. It now shows in ASP live view. Now, how should I proceed to add the camera to the NVR? The only access I have to the NVR is via Edge browser.

Regards, Jim