Can I use two NVRs and have them show up on the app simultanously?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Syracouse

Can I use two NVRs and have them show up on the app simultanously?

Post by Syracouse »

Hello, I want to replace my current DVRs with Amcrest NVRs and cameras. I currently have two DVRs, one for my house (8 cameras) and one for my office (5 cameras) which is a separate structure on the same property.

Can I see in the app all the cameras at once (13 total) without manually selecting which NVR to show? So in essence it will appear like I have one NVR for all these cameras.

Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can I use two NVRs and have them show up on the app simultanously?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Yes the Phone app and the Desktop app you can look at multi devices. However so I am clear, Being able to do something and having it load this way every time is 2 different things. If you let say added a new camera to your mix it would take you to a point where you would have to then click top button on right, click the units you want to look at and press live view. If you ever needed to change something in the device manager again it would take you to a point where you would have to add in the second or other devices...

Can I ask why you want to change from a DVR to a NVR?
Be Safe.
Syracouse

Post by Syracouse »

Thanks for the prompt reply Revo2Maxx!

I don’t need to change to an NVR but I’m looking at your products on Amazon and it appears your bundles come with NVRs. I just want an easy plug n play solution without having to hire a cctv crew.

Per you description so I understand, if I set up the cameras I want to see on live view - some from one NVR and some from the other - will that setting remain when I close and open the app or do I have to add them on live view every time I open it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is a Video that i did a little while back.. It has no views as I didn't post it Live it is setup Unlisted.. Anyway it was to answer someone that was having an issue with how something was loading.. In This video I show 1 that I start up my Amcrest App with the cameras already setup. In this video it shows that there are some from DVR's *Not all channels only a Few* however this just shows that it will Yes Load where you left off if you close the app.. Just because my Video only showed a couple picked that isn't all that could be that was just what I wanted to load as it was at that viewing time.. To the Video https://youtu.be/gPXGqeo0-OY

Next I asking about Why a NVR? As your post said you were replacing your DVRs.. With a NVR you would not only have to change out the wiring to Cat 5E or better *Don't use any form of CCA wiring* and on top of that lets say you already have 12 channels on one DVR and 7 on the other and wanted to keep the cameras in same placement. That means you would have to buy not only new NVR but 19 cameras as well. I know you said you were looking at bundle. But again. If the cameras that are in place now are in good working order just wanted to update to something better. Looking at trying to keep it simple, It would be easier to buy a update DVR maybe the 5mp AI or 8MP Ai depending on what you future upgrade plans are...

There is an Analog Package with a 8ch DVR and 4 Night Color cameras that could more then likely plug into the current installed wiring...
https://amcrest.com/catalog/product/vie ... egory/160/

Just to give you an idea with upgrading to lets say a 16ch NVR and a 8ch NVR with the intent to install 19 cameras it would be best practice to install and setup each IP camera. Setting up with password you want to use for your NVR *For best secure install* and once they are setup then install and setup the NVR. For best pratice and safest install best to USE a POE NVR.. 1 Only 1 power source needed *For the NVR* and 2 no extra cameras in your normal network for someone to try to gain access to if they happen to gain access to your Home Network..

With upgrading an DVR besides installing 4 new cameras at already wired location it only requires setting up the DVR and adding in the Motion Detection zones for each of your cameras. Or setting up SMD or AI rules if you were to use an AI DVR like Trip wire or Intrusion. Only down side to the listed DVR is that it only offers 1ch IVS and will work with 8ch SMD with Human and Vehicle detection However there are some better units out there that are 8mp that offer more in the way of IVS. IVS is a better way of keeping the false alerts out..

The NVR's some work with only with AI cameras *For Ai motion still works as normal* like my 4108-A2 where my 4216E-AI has 4 built in channels and the rest will work off AI cameras you install.. Yet from what I read a 4416 NVR kind of confuses me because it says has I think 2 built in channels but limited to a total of 8Ai Cameras and to me that don't make since seeing mine I have the 4ch built in and the rest are setup with AI cameras all working as it should.. However my 4216E-AI don't have SMD or ANPR and that might be were the 4416 outshines the 4216E-AI I am not sure..

I know that my 7108-AI DVR has built in 2 channels AI with Tripwire and or Intrusion and the rest I can setup for SMD..

Also if you prefer Email images the DVR has better ability to choose a Picture size where the NVR there is no choice it is just FULL SIZE for picture and if you are on a limited Email account can drive your size max very fast..

Just some things to think about. Want to always make sure the people get what they want from the start. NVR if that is what you wanted I just wanted to make sure it was understood what is in volved with making a Switch as it is a Switch more so then just an upgrade.. I had a 16ch 960h DVR before I bought my 16ch 8mp DVR to replace it. Thought I would upgrade the cameras over time, So far the 960h cameras are still in place just a better DVR with more storage and better options. Still even more to come.. That DVR has the ability to add 8ch IP cameras as well.. 1 machine 2 different types of cameras to install. a NVR only option is IP cameras... Just like that one I posted above it is an 8ch with option of extra 4ch IP. However let say you only had 6 cameras on one of your system you could disable 8 and 7 and add 2 iP channels without even enabling IP extras..
Be Safe.
Syracouse

Post by Syracouse »

Wow thanks so much Revo2Maxx!! You gave me a lot of information so I’ll go over everything this week and if I have any questions I’ll circle back. Thanks again!!