Cameras showing offline from Armcrest AMDV5M8

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
LogicalAssassin

Cameras showing offline from Armcrest AMDV5M8

Post by LogicalAssassin »

Hello Everyone,

I just recently ran into a problem with my cameras that are Analog. I am using Armcrest AMDV5M8 DVR and the cameras that I am using are Amcrest Full HD 1080P 1920TVL Dome Outdoor Security Camera. These cameras have been working for over 6 months now with no issues, but all suddenly they stopped working and they just have the Armcrest logo on the screen with a question mark (red) at the bottom left corner. I have restarted all cameras, DVR and have also reset the DVR but still no luck. I have change settings but still no results. The internal LED on the DVR is blinking blue. One thing to note for sure is that I also have a POE camera connected via IP and this camera still works fine. The cameras do not show any sign of power since at night they do not turn on the RED LED light for night mode. Does anyone have any idea on what else I can try? I did order a new Charger for the cameras but waiting till tomorrow to test this.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cameras showing offline from Armcrest AMDV5M8

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So from what your post states it sounds like you have a good idea of what the issue is. *Power Supply* So I don't know what type of power supply you are using or where you have it sitting. You have an 8ch DVR with added in Ip camera. If you happen to have 8 Analog cameras connected and only 1 power supply for it that supply needs to be 5 to 10amps. Personally should be using a PDU and or 2 Power supplies with 5amps per pigtail.

Normally I use PDUs However on my 16ch DVR had it connected at 1 point to 3 power supply 5amp bricks, each going to 4 pigtail going to 12 cameras. One of the power supplies was different brand and lasted maybe 4 months. When the cameras went offline, I just unplug one of the working bank of cameras plug into the non working pigtail and when they came back online I knew the issue was power supply. Now I always bench test all power supplies when I get them to make sure they are really what they claim. I also try not to run my power supplies at max current rating on cameras because that can kill the power supply faster..

Something you can try seeing not everyone has multi 12v 5amp power supplies laying around but if by chance your camera had a 2amp power supply taking one of the camera and plugging into a different 12v power supply will confirm that your issue is for sure your power supply. Doing all of them on a smaller power supply won't work that is why using 1 for testing is good to see if that feed returns.
Be Safe.