Cameras Not Detected

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bfpetersjr

Cameras Not Detected

Post by bfpetersjr »

Hello,
I am trying to configure a new Amcrest NV4108E-HS NVR with Amcrest security cameras model IP5M-B1186EB. The cameras are currently plugged directly into the back of the NVR and are not detected when I use the "Device Search" feature. The NVR appears to be connected to my network as it has established an IP address and passes the network test.

Currently I get no video image from the cameras at all.

I had gone through this same issue with off-brand cameras so I deliberately purchased Amcrest cameras to overcome possible compatibility issues but nothing has changed.

Please help

Thanks,
bfpetersjr
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cameras Not Detected

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Using the Mouse in the NVR or are you trying to access the system some other mode?

If using the NVR's GUI, Right click go to main menu, then click on Camera, In that list under Added Devices are the Status Red or Green?

Depending on the FW your using and if your connected POE on the CH the Password might come up as admin and admin and if you have already setup the cameras once in your normal network then you will want to change that password in your camera area.

However in case of some NVR's when you connect the camera over the normal Network range of your network if the password is the same for the camera as it is for the NVR they will just pull in setup. If again your Password is different you can see this with the Green or Redish dot under Status.

Then if your system is Green and when you try to load in the camera in Grid View it might be that the camera Sub channel if off or in a setting that the NVR don't want to use. YOu can change that info, Right click and main menu, then click camera, then on the left go to Encode, then change the Sub 1 to 640x480..

Also please note that no one wants a bad Camera, If using a bad cable in a POE camera it is very easy to trash a camera and it might really be your Camera while it might feel like it works it just don't.. You can test this out by trying to access the cameras WEBUI. If you can load a camera view in the web ui and not in the NVR most times Encoding issue...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
bfpetersjr

Post by bfpetersjr »

Thank you for your response

I am using the NVR's GUI - the POE camera is plugged directly into the back of the NVR and is not detected when I search for devices. (First time setup as everything is new) No picture or video appears on the monitor for any of the cameras connected. I'm using factory Ethernet cables just to make sure its not an issue in my Ethernet cabling (which passed testing) but I'm trying to isolate the problem. So again, Everything is connected with factory Ethernet cables directly to the NVR and when I search for connected devices in the Camera section none of the camera's are detected therefore I am not getting green or red status lights nor am I getting picture or video on the monitor connected to NVR.

I have it setup as simply as possible just to make sure everything works before installing system permanently - However nothing is working!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I understand you? You don't have anything listed when doing a Search on the NVR, There is nothing listed in the list of Cameras on the GUI of the NVR? So the NVR it self is working right?

Next Cameras you have connected to the back of the NVR, Have you tried to connect the Camera using a 12v DC Power supply? Have you tried to connect to the cameras on your home lan to try and see if you can access them?

Don't own the cameras so I am not sure what they came with? Your saying you tried with the Factory Cables? Personally most cables that come with a lot of cameras are CCA and shouldn't be used for POE. If any cable has 30v on them they should not be used for POE. However some cameras are very low current and might be ok I just have had to fix a few to many Friends cameras from connecting to bad cables..

So I would try to find a 12v 2amp power supply and power the camera directly. When you power on the camera you should hear the IRC filter click in and out as a Auto Test, also when you cover the camera the IR or White Leds should come on by default as some things you can do for testing..
Be Safe
bfpetersjr

Post by bfpetersjr »

To your questions: "You don't have anything listed when doing a Search on the NVR, There is nothing listed in the list of Cameras on the GUI of the NVR? So the NVR it self is working right?"

Correct, nothing appears in the search on the NVR and no cameras appear in the list on GUI of NVR. NVR appears to be working in regards to menus and navigation through GUI but cameras are not detected and not working.

When I say factory Ethernet cable - I just mean that I'm using temporary 4'-5' Ethernet cable made by a factory (Not made by me).

I have not yet tried to power using 12v 2 amp power supply but I will try that.
bfpetersjr

Post by bfpetersjr »

Still no picture or video - Currently, I've been bench testing the equipment (cameras and NVR). The cameras are connected directly to the NVR and they are receiving power as the red light on cameras are illuminated and I can hear them click when I cover the lenses. However, in the NVR's GUI the cameras are not detected and do not show up in the list of devices.

All of this equipment is brand new. I've tried to manually add the cameras and assign them an IP address but it says "network device not found" and the status light remains red. Alternatively, when I try to use the GUI to detect and add devices they are not found?? Any advice?
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

I've had that problem with two NV4108E-HS's and Amcrest cameras, the cameras initially aren't recognised and then when left plugged in they suddenly started working OK. There was no clear pattern to it, I just fiddled with Edit -> enter password -> Save -> Connect for awhile, left things overnight, and the next day they were working fine.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Cameras connected to NVR should without fail bring up your cameras if they are Dahua (Or OEM Dahua) and for sure if they are Amcrest cameras.

Next only issue I know of that a camera will not work is under a few different areas. 1 they are Hikvision products and require they be set to active, 2 there is an issue with the Wiring the cameras are connected to, 3 there was an issue with the wiring the cameras were connected to and because of the issue the cameras now have a Fried Communications chip. This will still make the camera act like it is working, Get power, power up LED's or IR LED's and make the camera look and feel like it is working when really it is dead..

Word of Caution. CCA cables are bad news. Any cable that has 30v on them shouldn't be used for POE cameras... Just because it might be ok on desk testing a camera, things can go bad as the length of the cable gets longer..

If using good cables that are from good vendor that only deals in real copper cables then it needs to be checked and kinks, sharp bends are not good and cable might need to be repaired or replaced. Attic Keystone jacks are not smart unless they are Rated for High Temps.
Be Safe
turbob924

Post by turbob924 »

I have same problems.

I cant get the PV410 to see the cameras. Im my case these are found but never go to green status.

I was able to register the amcrest wifi camera using the amcrest pro view app.

I have confirmed the correct password
turbob924

Post by turbob924 »

Maybe it is the port?

What port should I be using

the default is 37777