Cameras Not Detected

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
turbob924

Re: Cameras Not Detected

Post by turbob924 »

If i connect the amcrest Wifi camera to the ethernet port and connect it to the NVR POE port it works.
This is a bummer if these cameras only work by direct connection to the POE ports!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

PV410? Is that a GW Branded NVR?

The issue is if there is different NVR being used there are many different things that can be added into what the issue could be.

Port for a NVR by Amcrest, or Dahua and some others that are within the Brand type of Amcrest the system would work with IP address of your Normal Network if you have it setup right and if it is a POE NVR then it would have a different IP on the Switch of the NVR..

So you talk about setting up the IP camera with a cable from camera to the NVR or Camera to Router and from Router to NVR? Either way it could work that way if you wanted, Personally needs to be setup on a Managed Switch so the NVR don't try to hand out IP's to other things seeing it is working as a DHCP Server on the NVR's POE ports..

So I will say how I have my system setup, I have POE NVR 4216e-AI that is a 16ch POE NVR, I don't run all POE cameras so It is setup like this,

My normal Network Range is 10.0.0.1-254 my NVR IP is 10.0.0.223, That NVR I have left the switch IP alone and it is 10.1.1.1 and hands out IP's starting at 10.1.1.65 and goes up. All my POE cameras that are connected on the POE Port of the NVR All but one will get handed out a IP address from my POE NVR Port even if the camera is setup with a Static IP in a different range before.. Then all my Amcrest, Dahua, and other types that are like Amcrest all work with the same way as my 4216.. The one camera that won't take a IP that way is because it is a Older 4mp Hikvision, I have to setup the camera to work with DHCP or give it a static IP in the NVR's Switch range of 10.1.1.xx...
So I have a Wifi camera, I connect it via my Router and the Router gives a IP I don't like so I log in to the Cameras WebUI, I got to the Network Settings, I change the DHCP to Static and I now give the camera the IP I want (If it is a Wifi Camera Please Note that you need to make sure you setting up the right IP) on a Wifi camera there are wired and Wireless settings in the camera, You can setup the cameras wired setting and the camera will never use them settings unless you are connected on Wire, However here is something I think can happen. When you are connected via Wire and setup Wireless or have setup wireless but changed to wired for settings either way when connected on the wire both IP addresses are able to be used. However once the camera is removed only the Wifi IP can be used and if you didn't lets say even turn on the Wifi then it won't work anyway.. It is kind of hard to explain...

So to be Clear, In Amcrest Cameras, If you setup Wifi Camera over a Wifi connection then you get the Wifi Settings added into the camera, However if you Try to setup on Wifi but can't for some reason, and setup on the camera Cable connection, Even if you setup both or Wireless only setting in the Network folder, If that Wifi isn't turned on again you can access both wireless and wired IP while camera is connected to a Cable. Remove cable only Wifi IP would work as long as Wifi is turned on in the camera..

Then, For systems of a Different Brand. Like maybe if your PV410 is a GW, It might be that your NVR will only work with GW cameras on the Normal Network side of the NVR and all cameras on the POE port side.. Also some NVRs and some different branded Cameras will work with their own brand NVR however if you want to connect it to a different branded NVR you have to go to the Cameras WebUI and turn on the ability to use ONVIF and in some cameras even have to setup a ONVIF User... However connecting to it's own brand that step isn't needed... Just pointing this out because again if not a Amcrest NVR, There might be something in the setting that will let it work on Network and POE sides, Then to make it even Worse, there are some that lets say you have 4 POE NVR and only 4 ch, It might be setup that the NVR won't work without being connected to one of the POE Ports of the NVR..

Sorry there are to many issues and not knowing what I am dealing with in Brand, Model, Firmware type. There are many issues that could come about..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought it might be easier to understand looking at a short Video under 5 min of what can happen on cameras with NEWER FW.. Like on this I show using a 841 from 2015 with 2020 FW installed in the camera. The camera on Cable connection is at 10.0.0.189 and then I setup my Wireless changed from DHCP to Static, put in 10.0.0.188, I then show that I have the Wifi turned off, I show that I can access both IP's at the same time and it is the same camera.. (No trickery here)

So if like shown in video, if someone was to make the settings change in Network, under TCP/IP, and forget to turn on the Wifi before going and setting up the camera in the location. Once the cable is removed from the camera both ip will no longer work. However setting up and turning on the Wifi it will work once off the cable...

https://youtu.be/KR4wIIgSxBs
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe