Cameras do not record when there is motion

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rlemoine003

Cameras do not record when there is motion

Post by rlemoine003 »

I have a AMDV8M8-H5 and 4 cameras that was working great for quite a few months. Now, for some reason, whenever motion is detected on any of the cameras, the camera or display blanks out. When doing a video playback, all of the "motions" are little grey blocks where they used to be yellow. Motion is no longer checked in the bottom icon.
I went through all the settings and everything seems to be turned on.
The recording schedule is set up for continuous recording with General AND motion turned on.
Could somebody tell me what I might be missing?
Thank you in advance!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cameras do not record when there is motion

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

I at times have things that get out of Wack from time to time and after I fight with things and scratch my head for a few days not able to find out what is wrong I do a System Reset from the menu and under most cases everything returns the way it was before the issues came about..

Did you do a Firmware Update? or still working with FW from when it was working? If a new FW was installed the issue might have been something that changed in the FW..

Sadly at this point if you have tried to do everything you can to get it back going the way you had it working before I would do a Reset and set things back up again so they work for you.. Without more info this is the best idea of what I would do at this point if it was my system
Be Safe.
rlemoine003

Post by rlemoine003 »

Yes, a system reset did the trick.
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear things are going good again.. Sometimes things happen and I personally make changes or I added a different hardware that causes things to either not look good anymore or stop working as I expect it too. Right now only flaw for me is the FW that is loaded I sure hope they release a new one soon for my NVR that I did update to the current years FW..
Be Safe.