Camera settings - where are they stored?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jakthree

Re: Camera settings - where are they stored?

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
I have learned a lot since my last post. here are the key points.
1. The IP4M-1026E camera is not snapshot capable! There is no mention of snapshot, only smart motion and email alerts. I proved this by powering up a standalone 1026 camera. The camera does have Camera-Video-Snapshot settings page but no matter what it is set to, it will not attach a snapshot to an email!
IP4M-1026E_specs.JPG
IP4M-1026E_specs.JPG (96.78 KiB) Viewed 363 times
2. The NV4108E_HS with 4.0 firmware, if the camera does not signal the NVR with a snapshot then the NVR does NOT send email with snapshot. My guess is the v4.0 firmware requires the camera to provide the snapshot to attach to the email. I understand that the IP4M-1026E camera is the only camera that is not snapshot capable. The camera can signal a motion detection event but can not provide a snapshot.
3. The NV2104 NVR with 3.2 firmware does send email with snapshot. I think the camera provides the motion detect signal the v3.2 firmware takes a snapshot from the camera stream and attaches it to the email.

I hope you find this info usefull,
Thank you,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome thanks for the updated info...

Yes I was doing some testing today after I seen someone ask about camera and snapshots and thought about some I swore I didn't need them in camera before installing 4.0 on my 2116-HS.. Sure enough I did some testing and my older 4108 and 4108E both will do snapshots without having the camera setup for it.. I guess this is a way to make these work with Amcrest or same type cameras only.. Sadly my Hikvision 4mp Zoom camera will not do snap shots on my 2116-HS but does work on my 4108E and H seeing my Hikvision is a pOE I tested via port and on my normal over lan on my POE Switch..

Funny thing is I have an even older POE NVR that I had my Son send me from my House in WA that is 4 POE and 4 normal for 8ch NVR that is only 1080p I set my 4mp to 1080p and while it will connect to both POE and front side over my POE Switch even that NVR when sending images won't send a picture and last update FW on that NVR was from 2014 as there is none newer and why I removed from service because of Security concerns. So now I will use for backup or some other temp use if and when needed and just keep it as a Shelf Queen..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know if that is the case or not. I looked at the manual and it talks about Motion Alerts and saving I took a snapshot of the manual and here is the area that needs to have 1 3 or 5 picked and the box clicked for snapshot also you need to under the Record type make sure that not just Record Schedule is picked but that Snapshot is also enabled..
Screenshot (318).png
Screenshot (318).png (119.82 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

alarm.png
alarm.png (63.83 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Be Safe.
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

What firmware is installed in your 4108 and 4108E that send snapshots?
Do they have all black or half silver front faces?
Do they have buttons on the front?
Can you confirm that v3.2 is in the non HS, and v4.0 is in the -HS models?
I have tried checking snapshot and selecting 1,2 or 3 in my 1026E camera. Still no snapshot. Factory support has confirmed that the 1026 model camera can not do snapshot.
Thank you for your suggestions,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Thanks. Yeah it could be that the Manual was built when the camera came out with a different FW is my guess. Support would know more then I about this..

For my NVR's they are H and E without -HS and both were last updated in 2018 one is the one that is still on FW page for last update and the other is for a FW that isn't listed anymore do to issues some had and was not called a Stable Update so it is for POE now also an older online but I have a newer one to make an issue that I was having with the older one does work with the newer FW however again because of some issues outside of what my issue was it was pulled. I could go back to the older but find it has a Flaw I don't like that is besides this post and won't go more into it...

So here are images for my NVR FW info.. These are Black with Buttons.. My 2116-HS is Black top Silver strip on bottom and has no buttons Says Amcrest on Left and has HDD, NEtwork and power with 1 USB on bottom left..

Now I will admit that they are a PITA to get Images but once you have them setup for images it will output an image. Sadly it is a Pain and if it is said they don't offer it that might be because after some more testing while writing this and little before writing this out of 10 alerts 9 had images and crazy thing is one of them had more images then the others because I caused more motion with my settings 0 Anti Dither I guess is why it might have sent more images with longer motion event.. POE 8ch is first image then my 8ch 4018h and the last one is my 2116-HS in images below..
POENVR.png
POENVR.png (48.57 KiB) Viewed 360 times
8nvr.png
8nvr.png (46.22 KiB) Viewed 360 times
4K.png
4K.png (33.03 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Be Safe.